winged victory for the sullen, half moon cork review, jan 18 (1 Viewer)

Ah don't say that. I had band practice and felt I couldn't miss it. Knew it would be savage

well it mightn't have been for everyone but I thought it outstanding.

If you liked the stars of the lid gig that time you'd have loved this. Similar kind of setup with wiltzie and o'halloran on either side of the stage with the string trio in the middle.

Just utterly brilliant.

If you liked the stars of the lid gig that time you'd have loved this. Similar kind of setup with wiltzie and o'halloran on either side of the stage with the string trio in the middle.

Just utterly brilliant.

peeps were actually listening too. the SOTL whelans gig was a pain with all those cockheads nattering loudly by the bar...

Just utterly brilliant.

Sounds great. Remember Somadrone used to play with a string quartet? Them were the days

peeps were actually listening too. the SOTL whelans gig was a pain with all those cockheads nattering loudly by the bar...

interesting to hear this; someone on the proc forum said the opposite

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200861&page=3

Its an old cinema, I dunno, maybe there was 200 people there? Door is right next to the stage which doesnt help at a gig like this. I find these type of performances always have a number of factors that when they come together make it special, respectful crowd, obviously sound etc. All didnt m atch up for me in Dublin to be honest, not helped by the two most irritating guys ever to my left, talking and joking aloud througout, baffling.

own up, which two of ye was that?

interesting to hear this; someone on the proc forum said the opposite

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200861&page=3

Its an old cinema, I dunno, maybe there was 200 people there? Door is right next to the stage which doesnt help at a gig like this. I find these type of performances always have a number of factors that when they come together make it special, respectful crowd, obviously sound etc. All didnt m atch up for me in Dublin to be honest, not helped by the two most irritating guys ever to my left, talking and joking aloud througout, baffling.

own up, which two of ye was that?

might be a case of bad luck with whoever wrote that ending up sitting beside a couple of arseholes. But there wasn't anything that could be heard throughout the room. There were a couple of lads on the steps to the left of the room as you face the stage, turned to each other chatting on occasion. They weren't too bad though. I'd have gotten up and told them to shut up if they were.

and I shared the fears about the location of the door but the only person coming in or out during the gig was the burd from the support act (and maybe the bouncer once).

it wouldn't have been my choice of venue for this gig but it worked out really well in the end (I put a lot of that down to the fact that its january and people were going easy on the drink)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back