Will Oldham & Dave Pajo-Vicar St (1 Viewer)

Johnny_Fontane

Website
www.juice.net
What a great gig last night in Vicar Street....the first hour could have passed for a Rich Hall show. You have to love the way they finished...

In Dylan style
"The answer my friend, is pissing in the wind, the answer is fucking all you can".....

Yup! I particularly liked the way when Will Oldham walked off in a huff Dave Pajo started talking about the Book of Revelations, stating that "the war rages inside me, man, under my skin", whilst making the peace sign with his fingers. What a gang of nutters. It was really lovely to hear some of Oldhams songs so stripped down, coz somtimes the arrangements on the Bonnie Prince Billy record are so gorgeous it nearly distracts your attention from the lyric content...not so last night

Especially liked his twisty-wrist gesticulations. And pre-exit wrestling-pose. what a star.

yeah I noticed that too. And there's a lot of whores and cockfaces in his songs. Is this something about Irish people or are all the peoples of earth equally silly and titmouse-vulnerable?

yeah , the audience made lots of uncomfortable disturbed rustling noises when pajo sang last caress , i mean you'd swear they never raped anyone's ma!.....puffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back