WiFi Kettle (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Saw this today in CompuB. First reaction - obviously - was WTF.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Second reaction - wellll, mayyybeee....

The world’s first Wifi kettle is the new kitchen appliance from the Smarter range for the connected home. Our Wifi kettle makes a great gift for that hard-to-buy-for friend or, better still, to treat yourself. Controlled by a smartphone app, your kettle can be operated from anywhere in the home or office, producing the perfect cuppa every time with the variable temperature control and "keep warm" feature. Save time in the morning- set the Wifi kettle to wake you up so that you’re ready to go on time. Pre-boiling your kettle will save you over 5 precious minutes every morning and the "welcome home" mode will automatically ask you if you want to pop the kettle on as soon as you walk in the door. The kettle is easy to use and operated by simply pressing the on button either on your app or on your kettle base. Why not invite friends round for a brew using the "share" feature? You can also set up your kettle on your home network and add an unlimited number of guest users to join your Wifi kettle network--in the office or at home you can get everybody connected. The sleek, contemporary design makes the kettle easy to keep clean and maintain and can also be matched to your existing kitchen scheme with a "skin" that is available in five gorgeous colours.

Amazon product ASIN B00BHXAWX4

Saw this today in CompuB. First reaction - obviously - was WTF.

Second reaction - wellll, mayyybeee....

Amazon product ASIN B00BHXAWX4

Fuck it, birthday is coming up

I love tea. I drink possibly an unspeakable amount of tea. I usually have two travel mugs on the go because going out of the house requires tea. I have two flasks. I wear out one stovetop kettle a year. Yet, that thing is fucking stupid.

"If you haven’t configured the kettle, it’s trivially easy for hackers to find your house and take over your kettle," Munro says. "Attackers will need to setup a malicious network with the same SSID but with a stronger signal that the iKettle connects to before sending a disassociation packet that will cause the device to drop its wireless link.

"So I can sit outside of your place with a directional antenna, point it at your house, knock your kettle of your access point, it connects to me, I send two commands and it discloses your wireless key in plain text."

Munro has plotted vulnerable iKettles in London on Google Maps but opted not to disclose it to prevent things boiling over.

Connected kettles boil over, spill Wi-Fi passwords over London

I love tea. I drink possibly an unspeakable amount of tea. I usually have two travel mugs on the go because going out of the house requires tea. I have two flasks. I wear out one stovetop kettle a year. Yet, that thing is fucking stupid.
Wouldn't you like to put the kettle on just as the ad break starts?

Every second counts during a coffee table reload situation.

I've a whistling kettle..its not worth a wank now that I'm always wearing headphones.

I need one connected to a flashing light in the sitting room

I've a whistling kettle..its not worth a wank now that I'm always wearing headphones.

I need one connected to a flashing light in the sitting room

Wouldn't you like to put the kettle on just as the ad break starts?

Every second counts during a coffee table reload situation.
Sky Plus. Ads are a thing of the past. Just hit pause when you need a re-up, continue watching until you hear the whistle, pause again for tea and then back into whatever I've recorded the night before (tonight's viewing: the latest Walking Dead).

Sky Plus. Ads are a thing of the past. Just hit pause when you need a re-up, continue watching until you hear the whistle, pause again for tea and then back into whatever I've recorded the night before (tonight's viewing: the latest Walking Dead).
What about from your bed?

Come on. Imagine the possibilities.

I would never find myself drinking tea in bed..cos that would mean bringing biscuits in..or even a sandwich

The Smarter Wi-Fi-connected kettle, called the iKettle in the U.K., is so British it’s not funny. Every household in the U.K. has an electric kettle. It’s on all day, every day, making cuppa after cuppa, all day long.

Thanks to its Wi-Fi connection, the iKettle can be turned on from anywhere. Boiling the kettle from the couch is a no-brainer. But thanks to IFTTT (If This Then That), an internet action service, the iKettle can turn itself on automatically when there’s a commercial break on TV.

The British love to make tea when the ads are on. Commercial breaks aren’t as frequent as they are on U.S. TV, and it’s the perfect time to make a brew.

“When the ads come on, the kettle starts boiling,” said Christian Lane, CEO of Smarter.

Maybe this sounds strange to an American (or anyone else), but as a British expat, this raison d’être totally resonated with me. Now I understood exactly why a kettle should have a Wi-Fi connection.

The company is bringing some of the same smarts to a coffeemaker, which is more American. Launching in March, the $199 WiFi Coffee Maker makes individual cups of coffee from a connected iOS and Android app. There’s scheduling: It can be set up to make coffee before your alarm goes off and when you arrive home. Set up through IFTTT, it can monitor traffic conditions, waking you with fresh coffee 10 minutes early if the commute looks bad.

Wi-Fi kettle is so British, it'll make you sound like Madonna | Cult of Mac

Thats shit..you need the kettle boiled in time for the ads.

This is where having kids starts paying off

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back