Why is a groupie like a kebab? (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse said:
"A womans place is in the kitchen"

Discuss.
If you are trying to stir the shit, I suggest you place it in a large, flat-bottomed pot with 500ml chicken or vegetable stock, stir in 250ml of double cream, bring to the boil, then lower and simmer for one hour. When the mixture begins to stink of dog muck, stick yer damn head in it. Pah! Can't get me, I'm busy planning a four-course meal.

Now, back to looking up recpies on the Food Network's website.

(Which is exactly what I've been doing for the last hour...)

i'm better in the kitchen than anyone i've ever gone out with. hmmmmm... does that say more about me or them. i dunno. either way, it's not going to happen again.

Ed said:
it's a myth that girls are good in the kitchen. i mean, if they're good at doing the hokey pokey 5000, then yeah, maybe they're good in the kitchen (on the kitchen table!!!), but in general, most of them don't even know how to turn on a washing machine.

I'm sorry Hag, end of the day it's te little numbers unders under your pic that count, I mean I could include my made up alter egos, Casion, Kirstie, Robbie Analog too, but it wouldn't be fair

It's in the rules here...

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/in_the_rules/only_numbers_under_pictures_count.html

hag said:
ahem...

hag: 3902
hapi: 760
happy: 804
alpharelish: 2364

total: 7830

ahem!

been posting for around 4 years... that's around 5 posts a day. frankly, i'm really surprised it's not more...

hag said:
it's a myth that girls are good in the kitchen. i mean, if they're good at doing the hokey pokey 5000, then yeah, maybe they're good in the kitchen (on the kitchen table!!!), but in general, most of them don't even know how to turn on a washing machine.

I hear ye there. I know a few girls who can't use the washing machine. I couldn't believe it.

Bunny said:
I hear ye there. I know a few girls who can't use the washing machine. I couldn't believe it.
yeah, it's kinda mad. mammies are to blame. coz, and i know this is going to make me sound like an eeeejit, but in out parent's generation, the dad's know fuck all about any of that shit. so it was really down to the mammies to pass on the info. mammies fucked up and now their precious little girls don't know how to wipe their own bums. it's nuts! 99% of the time it's put powder in, move dial to "D" setting, switch on. remember to put dirty clothes in. totally nuts.

hag said:
yeah, it's kinda mad. mammies are to blame. coz, and i know this is going to make me sound like an eeeejit, but in out parent's generation, the dad's know fuck all about any of that shit. so it was really down to the mammies to pass on the info. mammies fucked up and now their precious little girls don't know how to wipe their own bums. it's nuts! 99% of the time it's put powder in, move dial to "D" setting, switch on. remember to put dirty clothes in. totally nuts.

maybe you just know some very dim girls?

Pantone247 said:
maybe you just know some very dim girls?
watch what you're saying about your mammy there pants! i'm just being friday-style bold anyways... fun-ruiner.

moc said:
man she fuckin died, way to ruin my nostalgic buzz
sandwiches in heaven? i think there's an eric crapton song in there somewhere. sorry to hear about your loss... still, more sandwich spreads to go around for the rest of us, eh? you know those sandwish spreads with the bits of carrot in them and shit... ugh... like concentrated puke in a jar.

USU1N.jpg

hag said:
she still does ;)
I think it's really not so gendered anymore about who is and who isn't good in the kitchen. There's so much prepared crap around now that unless you actually have an interest in cooking, there's little need to do so. While there might be some unspoken concept of women not cooking because it's not seen as a liberated thing to do, I do think it has more to do with the lifestyles people have in their 20s and early 30s than it does with gender.

I just happen to really enjoy cooking and feeding people, and no one really taught me (except for the baking skills, which definitely come from my mother). I love having people over for dinner and making huge feasts and just eating, drinking and chuckling for hours. I like the pub and everything, but there's a different kind of fun when food is involved. (That could be read in entirely the wrong way...)

I've been cooking for myself since I was so little I had to stand on a chair to do it, but I also come from a long line of radical feminists who are also fairly skilled in the kitchen and don't see being a liberated feminist and a good cook (and hostess) as mutually exclusive. It's practically a family tradition to undermine the patriarchy by adding extra chocolate chips.

I will vouch for Hag's cooking, though: he makes a killer chili.

brilliant. absolutely superb. the women in your family know where it's at.

jane said:
It's practically a family tradition to undermine the patriarchy by adding extra chocolate chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back