who do you think will win the US election? (1 Viewer)

who do you think will win?

• Obama

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • McCain

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
it's so close, last week i thought mccain was building up some good steam, obama came back well this week though. so i'm gonna say obama.

so who do you think will win?

wow, what a fast vote hayworth. you win this hillary action figure:

hillaryactionfigure.jpg

If Obama were a bit older I'd say he'd be a defo.
If McCain were a bit younger I'd say he'd be a defo.

Most times US elections are won or lost on a couple of thousand zombies in key states. The last real landslide was Reagan in '84.

There's this thing called the Bradley effect (i think), the idea of which is that in the US minority candidates poll better than they receive in actual votes because voters don't want to come across as racist so select the minority candidate. Apparently the variance is about 5%. I reckon it's the fact that he's a muslim whose name rhymes with Osama. He should have changed his name to Bud Jenkins or Chunk Beedlebaum before entering politics. Still McCain could drop dead of old any day now or he could have a mental temper tantrum like he did in 2000 that scared people.

mccain-angry.jpg

Stremsky/U.S.S Walter Mondale FTW(for the win)

If Ken Stremsky wins, we all win. The internet wins. The mailroom wins. The doughy guy on the bus listening to The Federalist Papers on a cassette walkman wins. America wins.

I said Obama because I would rather hang on to that teeeeeensy bit of optimism and be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back