where its at (1 Viewer)

littleloopine

Website
Visit site
Since the shelter closed and thomas the skank ended i've found there to be few places to get drunk and dance with my mates. Few places that I'd wanna get drunk and dance in anyway. Are there places of similar calibre out there?

Yes, I also have this problem. I've been to the Gaiety for about the last four Sat nights; I mean I like it, plenty variety etc., but four weekends in a row is just too much. On the plus side, I got to meet Trevor Welch on my way out last time.

do people dance in the gaeity? went twice a few years ago. kinda liked it but it was a bit empty. loved the way everyone went crazy and danced on the seats in thomas the skank. had a few brillant friday nights in the shelter as well. funky music. thanks for the tip. will keep the gaeity in mind. who's trevor welch?

Do you mean mad ouva dancing or just, like, regular dancing? More the latter, I'd imagine. It tends to be fairly full these days, at least on Sat (my experience has been that Sat=good, Fri=shite). 12 knicker in though, but then it does stay open until half 3 or something.

Trev is TV3's main footy commentator. Absolutely brutal. Even worse in person.

Got two turntables and a microphone...sorry.

Em is the gaiety not mad expensive in or sumthin? If ballroom was on every week I think that could be an alternative. Maybe you could do bands every third week and just have music the other two weeks. Now that would have me dancing on the seats.

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
If ballroom was on every week I think that could be an alternative
True, very true, but then on the other hand it might dilute itself. Like I said, I like the Gaiety (generally), but after about four times in a row I'm sick of the place.

BTW loopine I should add that me mates are fairly split on the merits of the place - some think it's shite, others (meself included) think it's decent. But it's probably worth a look anyway.

also, is the gaiety not mad...shit?
does it not have a variety of cheesy cover band acts and like, some terrible white boy reggie thing going on? And blues downstairs?
Or has it changed since the last time I ran out of it screaming at how bad it was about 3 years ago?

I am at a Friday loose end now Savage Banter has ground to a halt. Sniff.

Originally posted by kirstie
also, is the gaiety not mad...shit?
does it not have a variety of cheesy cover band acts and like, some terrible white boy reggie thing going on? And blues downstairs?
Or has it changed since the last time I ran out of it screaming at how bad it was about 3 years ago?

I am at a Friday loose end now Savage Banter has ground to a halt. Sniff.
They still have the shit cover bands, but there's a decent sixties room where one can shake their money maker in all sorts of pretend "ironic" ways. Actually now that I think about it there's not much else. Hey, you're right! It is shit. I dunno, personally my bag is going up talking to strangers in the place and engaging in all sorts of entertaining banter (mostly at their expense, probably), and that's fairly easy in there 'cos there are plenty of oases where one isn't deafened by music. There is another dancefloor upstairs but I'm fucked if I know what they play there, I'm usually past the point of no return at that stage.

BTW if Friday is your problem, as I have said, I've consistently found it shit on Friday...

Originally posted by kirstie
some terrible white boy reggie thing going on? And blues downstairs?

I believe they were called Dub-a-Rythm. Now they're called Special Brew and play the same cheesy white boty reggae covers.
I think they still do the Gaiety though.
One reason to stay away. I've got friends who love the place all the same.

Originally posted by dudley
at a loose end eh?

piss up piss up piss up piss up piss up piss up piss up

or something

I would if it wasn't 25 quid and I hadn't just received a final demand from the city council for 2 years of unpaid refuse charges

bah humbug
happy christmas to me

I won't be out tomorrow night at all I fear, barring a trip to Movie Tragic, the local shit vidyo emporium. I have just checked banking356 and emitted a shriek of fright

I want to go to the Apes on sunday and I think that's my weekends worth of cheap treats. Boo hoo.

Originally posted by snakybus
hey pantone, remember that middle-aged american geezer looking for the reggae club? tell the story, it's gas

he he he I can't really remember, I think it was R what was talking to him

he had the loudest shirt ever, but, like this thing screeched out across O'Connell Street. AAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE I AM FLORAL HERE ME SCREECCCHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

we'll ply R with booze tonight and make him tell us,
actually we'll ply everybody with booze and forget all about it!

I hope you'll be Watching See No Evil tomorrow Snaky!

Originally posted by littleloopine
Is the ballroom a real place or are ya messin?
Nope, it's real alright - check out the thread Ballroom #8 - should be good, the acts are fairly decent (or at least, the ones I know, Settler & MDR are, but I hear good about the others too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back