When People Do Nice things for You (1 Viewer)

Got dropped by the aircoach on O' Connell st last night,had a massive rucksack and a shit load of bags.I had to hang around for a half hour to meet people to go to a party.I didnt want to stray far and any of the pubs open looked shit,so went into Burger King. A table of girls started bantering me about my bag (who i ignored as I was in no mood after travelling), everyone was hammered,there was massive queues,an english hen party in front of me and I dont even like burger king,so I said fuck it and left.
One of the girls from the table ran out after me and gave me a bag of food that she and her friends had bought and didnt want :):heart:
Hurray for random acts of kindness .|..|

Also,someone gave me a lucky penny at Primavera which I thought was a really nice thought :)

This is a simple one, but it was lovely at the time. I lost my wallet on the bus a few days before I was due to travel to Chicago with my friends for a week. Only thing was, I didn't realise I had lost it, I thought it was in my bedroom somewhere (I was slightly tipsy on the bus and assumed I'd come home and dropped the small wallet in my room). So I went to Chicago and while I was there I got a call from my mum saying my wallet had been found - the woman on the bus next to me found it, rang my bank, and the bus office to find out could they get it to me. Then showed my ID to her husband who said 'I recognise her, she lives down the road' and they asked neighbours where I lived (I don't have a clue who they were so dunno how they knew this!!) and dropped the wallet in to my mum the next day! So sound - she could have just left it on the bus.
I gave 'em a bottle of champagne to say thanks.

Also once I lost my passport - but didn't know (are we sensing a theme here?!) until it arrived in my door with a letter from the passport office saying it had been found and could I please keep a better eye on it! Fair play to whoever handed it in, I think it was found in Freakscene in Cork.

I was walking to get a bus in cork one time. I saw the bus was at the stop so i legged after it hoping i would catch it but it drove off before i got there.
Next thing this guy in a Mercedes pulled up beside me, he told me to get in and he would give me a lift to the next stop. It was so nice.

I just remembered, I was in marks and spencer's with my mum a few weeks ago when I spotted an old man walking down the stairs - but the poor thing could barely walk, and I was petrified he'd fall. Everyone was just ignoring him so I went over and helped him down. He was lovely and was telling me he'd injured his leg and had an operation, but other than that he was fit as a fiddle! Fair play to him, going to town on his own with a dodgy leg.

one day some years back my friend and i were hitching from the south of france to about two thirds of the way up eastern france but as it was getting dark we still had a long way to go and our last lift had dropped us in a fairly useless town a few miles from the motorway. we were walking back in the direction of the motorway hoping to find a good field to sleep in for the night and decided to try and hitch to the motorway then this young couple out for an evening drive stopped and agreed to take us to the motorway and as we were chatting and they found out where we were going they said they'd drive us to dijon where we might get a train the last leg of the journey. i forget how long exactly it took to get there but i reckon it was two to three hours and we got there after midnight. then they came into the station with us to check the train times and as there wasnt a train until 8am they decided to drive us the last leg of the journey which was about an hour more and they took us right to our door, declined our offer of a bed for the night and drove off back home. that was pretty sound. they wouldnt even let us contribute petrol money.

found a wallet at a luas stop, there were bank cards in it, contacted the bank, left into a branch, was asked to leave my details. a woman rang and thanked me a lot and said they wanted to post me a reward, I declined, they insisted, I gave them my address... over a year later, nothing....

I learned my lesson!

When I was a leper back in Nazareth, this guy came around to my place and mumbled some shit and suddenly I was cured.
I shook his hand and thanked him and he said "not at all".
I got his e-mail address and I sent him an e-mail a few days later saying thanks again.

He wrote back a few weeks later saying that a few mates of his were writing a biography of him and he asked if he could use my e-mail in the book.

Then when the cold war was over I was walking in Berlin and in a book shop I saw his book taking centre stage of the shop front:
Lamps_book.jpg

one day some years back my friend and i were hitching from the south of france ...

pulled a similar one in South America. I'm out in the arseholes of the back of the beyond of an Argentine desert with an Israeli guy (and you have to hand it to the Israelis, when shit starts getting tough, and you're in the desert and its fucking 10pm and you haven't seen a vehicle in an hour, they keep their shit together admirably).
So, there we were, myself looking at the dribble of water in my bottle and contemplating bricking it, himself being cool and the gang insisting water is overrated, and a lad pulls up in his 4x4 and we hop in. I'm driving the thing after about an hour, and he's having a nap.
20 hours later we pull into where we wanted to go (Calafate), and your man says he's going to be staying here for the week, and doesn't need his 4x4, fills the tank and lends it to us.

For the week.

And introduces us to his family down there.
Who have a massive barbecue for us, and demand that we sleep some of their spare rooms.

In the space of 24 hours, we went from 2 dirty scrotes on the side of a desert road, to in Calafate, in a deadly gaff with our own rooms, full of meat, with our own 4x4 outside.
The family also turned out to be the soundest people you could meat.
Fantastic.

Oh deer.
English. Its a bastard.

The wife was hot too. Argentine hot. Tsssssst. Ploughing into the bread dipped in lamb fat like there was no tomorrow.
Chicks that eat properly are scorchio.

You ploughed into his wife? That's not very appreciative is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back