When anti fa goes to far (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
Refused from a gig cos I have a camera. I've covered numerous gigs free for the anti fa movement and never charged them a penny. Tonight I was refused entry with a camera. Who is the real fascists here? Load of bollox.

Janer, contrary to what you just said, you were not refused. You were simply asked to respect the policy on the night that we have one photographer all weekend, at the request of activists who've travelled from across Europe, some with convictions. Not a big ask really.

I know how to photograph just a fucking band and none of the crowd. I've worked with ye people several times b4. Always followed instructions. Fuck it. I'll waste my talents elsewhere.

I have fucking convictions but I don't fucking boast about it....this is so silly that if there were any fascists in Ireland they would be urinating themselves.....one big gig and Ci and co go all cereal killer.

I have fucking convictions but I don't fucking boast about it....this is so silly that if there were any fascists in Ireland they would be urinating themselves.....one big gig and Ci and co go all cereal killer.

When you sober up you might well regret posting your comments. Photos have a habit of getting around and can preove useful to REDWATCH, people don't want their pictures there. In some countries, Sweden, Poland, it is literally a matter of life and death. Theres nothing special about you, the no photos applied tro everyone at the gig apart from the official photographer.

Even here in Ireland, there are fascists. I think you might have heard of Folk Advance and how they retreated when AFA bumped into them. Theres also the DRM and a few other wannabes. WE don't want pics getting into their hands.

So calm down and try not to get bitten by a rat this weekend.

I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to take pictures at a gig it would be pretty easy done.

I do appreciate the reasons,it just seems like it's something that would be next to impossible to be sure of.

I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to take pictures at a gig it would be pretty easy done.

I do appreciate the reasons,it just seems like it's something that would be next to impossible to be sure of.

But you can at least try and ensure that only official photos are taken. Pics can very easily go viral.

So Mister 'Psycho Punk' show me in the original thread were it said no photographs allowed, you can't!
If it was said I wouldntve bothered getting camera gear sorted and rushing across and again I shall add I know how to follow directions referring crowd shots.
Anyway it's simple I won't ever go to anti fa gig again even such as the times when there was only a crowd of SEVEN like in the past.

So Mister 'Psycho Punk' show me in the original thread were it said no photographs allowed, you can't!
If it was said I wouldntve bothered getting camera gear sorted and rushing across and again I shall add I know how to follow directions referring crowd shots.
Anyway it's simple I won't ever go to anti fa gig again even such as the times when there was only a crowd of SEVEN like in the past.

Well, there was more than SEVEN there tonight. It was decided to have no photography at the request of some of the international guests and was announced at the gig. I'm sure you were at gigs before where photography was not allowed. This time it was for good reasons. It didn't just apply to you. No need to get ratty.

T

So it was only annouced at the gig...
And referring to previous gigs with no photographers allowed?
The odd gig that wouldn't allow such as the Academy I boycott, but since Punk is DIY I seldom have that problem, maybe my reaction.
Anyway its all done and dusted now.

So it was only annouced at the gig...
And referring to previous gigs with no photographers allowed?
The odd gig that wouldn't allow such as the Academy I boycott, but since Punk is DIY I seldom have that problem, maybe my reaction.
Anyway its all done and dusted now.

It was actually announced at the meeting in the Teachers Club this pm as well.

We didn't turn you away, just wanted to clarify that.

People putting on a gig have the right to decide whether photos are allowed or not. Doesn't really matter if there's a politics involved. Serious case of spitting the dummy here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back