What's yr favorite film soundtrack? (4 Viewers)

Divil A Bit

I'm innerested in getting music ideas for a new film and welcome suggestions from films old 'n new.

Just watched 'I heart Huckabees' and the soundtrack is weapon. By a guy called Jon Brion (who also did Eternal Sunshine..)....

Most Irish film composers suck...except me 'cos I only do Orla Walsh films. Any other film music composers on Thumped??

Divil A Bit said:
I'm innerested in getting music ideas for a new film and welcome suggestions from films old 'n new.

Just watched 'I heart Huckabees' and the soundtrack is weapon. By a guy called Jon Brion (who also did Eternal Sunshine..)....

Most Irish film composers suck...except me 'cos I only do Orla Walsh films. Any other film music composers on Thumped??

Not my favourite, but The Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack ain't too shabby.

Jon Brion is indeed fab. I'm a big fan of Yann Tiersen, Danny Elfman, Michael Andrews and Thomas Newman.

I like soundtracks.
Current favourites:
Hilmar Orn Hilmarson - Angels of the Universe
Alberto Iglesiais - Live Flesh
Ralph Jones - Slumber Party Massacre
Pino Donaggio - Piranha

avernus said:
Jon Brion is indeed fab. I'm a big fan of Yann Tiersen, Danny Elfman, Michael Andrews and Thomas Newman.
Great, thanks for reminding me. Tiersen did Amelie...ain't it so?

Also looking for the soundtrack to 'In the heat of the night"...starring Sidney Poitier. I remember there being a fucking cracking tune in the middle of it.

Ed said:
I like soundtracks.
Current favourites:
Hilmar Orn Hilmarson - Angels of the Universe
Alberto Iglesiais - Live Flesh
Ralph Jones - Slumber Party Massacre
Pino Donaggio - Piranha

Right now, I'm unhealthily obsessed with the David Byrne soundtrack for Young Adam- I think it's called: lead us not into temptation. One of the best things the man has done, ever.

texas chainsaw massacre is unreal. easily my favourite.
lately diggin: dawn of the dead incidental music - library music argento picked out.

the gonk

AH aoife I've been drinking the old persons juice, I'll come up with some kool thing in the morning.

the music in 28 days later is great (Godspeed, Brian Eno and stuff) makes the film so much better

Lost in translation as well of course!

"the life aquatic with steve zissou" soundtrack is excellent. quirky as fuck but adds no end to the overall feeling of the movie. samba versions of bowie tunes and tweaked electro-lite stuff going on completely uneccessarily. its a mixture of original music & other peoples tunes but its great. i loved the huckabees soundtrack aswell - did you see the extra on the dvd about john brion? great stuff.

If I only had to pick one, it would be CARRIE (score by Pino Donaggio).

The CD only has the "serious" music from the score (and the now-obligatory
set of dialogue excerpts), so the cheesy 70's synth-pop music is missing (it's
playing in the scene where the lads are picking a tuxedo for the Prom).

Of course, I can't pick just one, so...

BLADE RUNNER (Vangelis)
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE - Walter/Wendy Carlos
THE MAPMAKER - Cathal Coughlan
THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 - David Shire
DEATH WISH 2 - Jimmy Page

Divil A Bit said:
I only do Orla Walsh films.

Was "Paths To Freedom" an Orla Walsh film?

How come the VHS/DVD releases didn't have the finished Celtic Tiger Rap video?
I was lookin' forward to that!

koyaanisqatsi and powaqqatsi.
proper.

two mules for sister sarah.
good job.

and a surprise runner up:
that michael douglas and demi moore office sex thingy. been a while since i've seen this, terrible film, but i seem to remember some good scoring.

Donnie Darko
Amelie
The Royal Tenenbaums
Singles
Batman
O Brother, Where art thou?
The Nightmare Before Christmas

Good calls on koyaanisqatsi and powaqqatsi, Donnie Darko and O Brother Where Art Thou?

I love:
Jackie Brown (all that great funk and soul)
The Virgin Suicides (Air's lovely music)
Saturday Night Fever (I mean it)
Grosse Point Blanke (all those great tracks that remind of being a teenager into music, The Specials, The Violent Femmes, The Pixies, Echo & The Bunnymen etc)
Chungking Express (Wan Kar Wai is amazing, lovely Japanese covers of Bluebeard by The Cocteau Twins and Dinah Washington's What a Difference a Day Makes. Sadly a Cranberries song features too)

And my all time fave has to be Ry Cooder's soundtrack for Paris, Texas. Absolutely stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back