What's your game of the year.... (1 Viewer)

Civ4 Beyond the Sword offline, COD4 online.

I LOVE the Civ games.. by far my favourite series of games ever. I got the original civilisation when I was 15, got completely addicted to it, then have been playing the others for months on end after release. Civ 3 I played pretty regularly for a couple of years! Online sucked though..

they definetly win worst box art of the year though!

It's quite restrained. You should see the marketing department's original mockup:

orangebox.jpg

Has noone here been playing Super Mario Galaxy? Cos that's right up there for me. Portal, too. Best script/narrative/end credit song in any game this year.

No :( Still using the city's gammy free wifi service, which is only slightly better than dial-up. Almost there though - got the modem, just need Telecom Italia to activate the line. Then it's pwnz0ring time.

Has noone here been playing Super Mario Galaxy? Cos that's right up there for me. Portal, too. Best script/narrative/end credit song in any game this year.

Yeah, I got it last Saturday. This time last week I would have said my top games for the year were Portal or Bioshock. But I think Mario Galaxy has taken the top spot since then. As mentioned on a few reviews about it (one on PC gamer actually), every games developer should be made to sit down and play Mario Galaxy as a lesson in game level design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back