What's your game of the year.... (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
I know I pinched the idea and it's early but sure PFA footballer of the year is months ahead of May.

I tend to judge a great game by how long I play it and hence way out ahead of the field is the PC version of TF2.
Nothing better then 12v12 and the graphics while diff are IMO the clearest best graphics to date and no game has ever made me laugh so much, so much humour in it.
Honorable mention goes to Bioshock on the 360, while it was repititive at times it was more than made up with atmosphere and originality and a cracking storyline, my only regret was not playing it on the PC where a mouse and KB would have served it much better.
Disappointment of the year was Pes 2008.It was all downhill after my beloved Arsenal were not licensed and online play as usual on release was a joke.

Fifa 08 because of 5 v 5 mode.
Portal a close second because of the innovation and design.
COD 4 beats Halo 3 into 3rd place, because the single player campaign is much better.

Portal with Fifa08 a very close second.

Runners up: Bioshock, Forza2...not yet decided.

Uncharted, COD4 and Mass Effect might get in there.

1. bioshock
2. halo 3
3. crackdown

the orange box would have gotten in execpt its 5 different games in 1 and to be honest none of them on their own is outstanding but the package is outstanding. i might change for fifa in 3rd but i spent ages with crackdown and enjoed it all.

i can say for certain assassins creed will not be on that list. my list might change with mass effect and cod4

the orange box would have gotten in execpt its 5 different games in 1 and to be honest none of them on their own is outstanding
WTF!! Are you on crack cocaine???
hl2 is acknowledged as one of the best games ever and TF2 has won a stack of awards this year...ye gods man ur :rolleyes: x by alot of :rolleyes:

:)

na i said hl2 not tf2. janer is having a love affair with tf2, i wouldnt dare go there!

Has to be Portal. Not so much for the gameplay, which is outstanding all the same, but for scoring, voice acting and scripting that's absolutely fucking light years ahead of anything else out there. And it's genuinely funny.

Has to be Portal. Not so much for the gameplay, which is outstanding all the same, but for scoring, voice acting and scripting that's absolutely fucking light years ahead of anything else out there. And it's genuinely funny.

yeah its the first game in a long time that has been funny. the writing is top notch alright
the cake is a lie

orange box for sheer quality and value for money.

but its 5 games:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back