what's the grossest thing you've ever read? (3 Viewers)

Read a book about Fred & Rose West a few years back, forget the name (not Happy Like Murderers, another one). I love true crime books but it was a while before I could read another one again after this. One of their victims was pregnant and Rose performed, an, er, impromtu abortion. With her hands.

:eek:

Catwoman said:
Read a book about Fred & Rose West a few years back, forget the name (not Happy Like Murderers, another one). I love true crime books but it was a while before I could read another one again after this. One of their victims was pregnant and Rose performed, an, er, impromtu abortion. With her hands.

:eek:

oh my god i read a book about them aswell. they were totally fucked!

catwoman, if you like crime books, i can recommend www.crimelibrary.com which has every possible murder story committed on a database of stories by various authors.

La La said:
oh my god i read a book about them aswell. they were totally fucked!

catwoman, if you like crime books, i can recommend www.crimelibrary.com which has every possible murder story committed on a database of stories by various authors.

I must check out that site again.

On the subject of the Wests, I also read a book, I think it was called 'She Must Have Known' which claimed that Rose was a victim of a miscarriage of justice. That she was basically convicted on the premise that, as the murders were carried out in her house, by her husband, she must have known and ergo, taken part. There was very little, if any, hard evidence against her but after reading the other West book, she comes accross as the one who really really enjoyed hurting people.

Just thought of another one - an Irvine Welsh book. Goddamit why can't I remember titles today? The one about a group of friends, spans 20 years or so. Glue! That's it. Some dogs die in a very horrible way. :(

i was about to say the Torture Garden by Octave Mirbeau but was beaten to it..Hubert Selby Jnr's Last Exit to Brooklynn for the most horrific ending ever..involving a bottle

Catwoman said:
Just thought of another one - an Irvine Welsh book. Goddamit why can't I remember titles today? The one about a group of friends, spans 20 years or so. Glue! That's it. Some dogs die in a very horrible way. :(

Aren't you thinking of Marabou Stork nightmares?

That book is a barrel of laughs. Rape, incest, really gross animal cruelty....

spiritualtramp said:
Aren't you thinking of Marabou Stork nightmares?

That book is a barrel of laughs. Rape, incest, really gross animal cruelty....
No, this is yet another tale of dug torture! Does Welsh not like dogs or summat?

george mcfly said:
i was about to say the Torture Garden by Octave Mirbeau but was beaten to it..Hubert Selby Jnr's Last Exit to Brooklynn for the most horrific ending ever..involving a bottle
what bit was that? i've read it twice and i still can't remember

I might have picked you up wrong, Im going for disturbing rather than "eeeeeooooooow" here.

In Last Exit To Broklyn the scene of Rosie's rape is particularly harsh as is the curcifixion of Harry. Irvine Welsh has a "nice" discription of a lads face being sliced open with a knife that sort of just leaps out of nowhere in very short quick prose, as callous as the knifing itself.

Probably quite lightweight but I was revolted by the human skinning episode in Murakami's Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I don't think I've read any full-on disgusting stuff.

Anne Rice's 'take' on Sleeping Beauty is the only piece of literature I've
had to stop, take a breath, have a think about whether to continue and then carry on. It's not 'gross' in the fulci/argento way but it's pretty dark. I've read [ & relished] most Easton-Ellis, some [but hopefully soon, all] Palahniuk, some pretty dark "amatuer" erotic fiction [usually anon.] but this is the deep-inhalation-in-the-petrol-station of tummy tumblers.

enjoy

200.jpg

george mcfly said:
120 Days of Sodom..
couldn't finish it, felt ashamed for even buying it..horrible stuff

Y'pansy. Didja watch the film yet or whut?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back