What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (6 Viewers)

Listened to a podcast a while ago where the guest was arguing that with interest rates on loans to governments so low at the moment that Ireland should borrow every cent it can to make a SWF.
Do FFFG want public ownership/major stakeholder of anything though? Not joking when I ask are they allowed to even want that? There's a lot of thumbs on the scales against it whether it be the EU itself or half of Silicon Valley.

We run our publicly owned banks like they are private banks to the best of our abilities. It'd be quite the shakeup to go in that direction.

I would thoroughly approve of course but I wonder...

Just reading this:

Do FFFG want public ownership/major stakeholder of anything though? Not joking when I ask are they allowed to even want that? There's a lot of thumbs on the scales against it whether it be the EU itself or half of Silicon Valley.

We run our publicly owned banks like they are private banks to the best of our abilities. It'd be quite the shakeup to go in that direction.

Just reading this:

roll on a lefty government

It's almost as if people find their

Just reading this:

The Czech railway system got semi-privatised and went to shit, because the different companies just kept undercutting each other, apparently. The plus side is that the undercutting means they're all cheap as fuck to actually use, ha.
How about instead of privatising the railways, we just demolish all the tracks and completely fuck the network anyway?

Rough day down the mines for u/DeepFuckingValue

opzucppb15e61.png

It's almost as if people find their

The Czech railway system got semi-privatised and went to shit, because the different companies just kept undercutting each other, apparently. The plus side is that the undercutting means they're all cheap as fuck to actually use, ha.
How about instead of privatising the railways, we just demolish all the tracks and completely fuck the network anyway?

Like they did with Donegal?

Well for starters buses suck so there's that. Secondly railway is very energy efficient, if we improve it it'll be even more so. All the weird gauge stuff is hilarious though, fucking Ireland.

I dunno. I love going on trains but y'know - buses are grand. Do we really need to have a road network AND a rail network?
I'm thinking more of freight , industry and manufacturing, servicing ports and other centres of industry etc. Not day trips.

Looked it up and so it is. Up-front capital costs are enormous though

Bit like nuclear power so.

Yeah I dunno, there's a part of me that's always repulsed by "we can't afford it" arguments considering the money just floating around the world going into Elon Musk's pockets, there's never been so much money there to be used. I always go back to Ireland electrifying the entire country when we had no money and were in a trade war with the UK. Where there's a will there's a way, there may not be a will of course.

Money is completely imaginary anyways.
Remember when instead of defaulting banks 64 billion was just invented in a matter of days?
Remember when there was a pandemic and the EU was like, we found 750billion, no interest, everyone form an orderly line?

So the money is fake. My personal take (which is the correct one FYI) is that all effort should be focused on making the most of what we have. Like it's insane that the dublin-galway line doesn't have a dual track the whole way. Buses, cars etc are going to be autonomous in a few years and once they start traffic harmonising we'll realise we actually have too many roads and too many bad decisions being made by their users. Like even when you get to a point where your satnav knows whats happening in terms of traffic and lights and things the whole way along the route theoretically every light can be green all the time and the robots will just weave everything through. The upshot of this is that everything essentially starts acting a lot like trains do - like the automated ones in the vienna underground. People bitch about 'driver experience' but every motor journo (like including clarkson) just sees the car as something that will be a toy in the future.

So the road/rail question in the short term i'd be like build out all the rail, and no matter what a pile of crap will need to move from east to west every day. Rail is preferential in terms of wildlife too, a fox can cower under one of those things and not end up a bloodstain. I'd compltely halt all road projects too, they are gonna just be empty wildlife deserts in a few years.

Money is completely imaginary anyways.
Remember when instead of defaulting banks 64 billion was just invented in a matter of days?
Remember when there was a pandemic and the EU was like, we found 750billion, no interest, everyone form an orderly line?

So the money is fake. My personal take (which is the correct one FYI) is that all effort should be focused on making the most of what we have. Like it's insane that the dublin-galway line doesn't have a dual track the whole way. Buses, cars etc are going to be autonomous in a few years and once they start traffic harmonising we'll realise we actually have too many roads and too many bad decisions being made by their users. Like even when you get to a point where your satnav knows whats happening in terms of traffic and lights and things the whole way along the route theoretically every light can be green all the time and the robots will just weave everything through. The upshot of this is that everything essentially starts acting a lot like trains do - like the automated ones in the vienna underground. People bitch about 'driver experience' but every motor journo (like including clarkson) just sees the car as something that will be a toy in the future.

So the road/rail question in the short term i'd be like build out all the rail, and no matter what a pile of crap will need to move from east to west every day. Rail is preferential in terms of wildlife too, a fox can cower under one of those things and not end up a bloodstain. I'd compltely halt all road projects too, they are gonna just be empty wildlife deserts in a few years.
hmmmm

I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, I suspect its all a long scam.

I'll agree with the rest though fuck it.

cars are a horrendously inefficient means of moving people about - not helped all that much by a move to electric cars - and having the roads results in induced demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back