What to bring kids to see at Body and Soul? (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Going to this en famille cos my eldest is 12, so it's my last chance to bring her to a festival

... but most of the music is boring :( Who can we go and see that won't bore an 8 year old and a 12 year old to tears? They like EXCITING music, not ambient tech-dub-house

On my "possible" list are - Metronomy, Sinkane, Austra, Songhoy Blues, A Tribe Called Red. Sleaford Mods and Mykki Blanco if the kids are feeling adventurous (and they're not on too late).

Any other suggestions?

I was at B+S last year. It's an interesting one. Music-wise it was limited enough in what it offered but there was lots of interesting things going on. There were a lot more nooks and crannys than you'd find at EP and it was enjoyable wandering around to find out what else was around.

For kids there was a specific area in the walled gardens. Might be a bit young for a 12-year old, but I don't think you'll find too much bother passing the time.

It's a lot smaller too so everything is near everything else. And if you get bored, just leave.

If you're driving and the weather is bad, park the car near the entrance to the car park. They were mush last year and people had awful trouble getting out of the place on the sunday night.

Bring an ipad.
When we were there with the lads they were unbelievably bored. It was a rare outing for us and we kept meeting people we hadn't seen in ages and chatting (bad parents). They were too young at the time to be left wander on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back