What podcasts do you subscribe to? (3 Viewers)

been listening to the sound of young america and this american life for the last few days thanks to you. cheers for the heads up!
good tsoya with bunk and bubbs and another with george pelecanos for fans of the wire. jesse is a really good interviewer. i was shocked to see how young he is.

deadly! my work here is done. i keep recommending them to people and with some of them, they'll mention months later that they've listened to seven years' worth of this american life. and yet, still no toaster.

yeah with TSOYA, i find that i don't even need to be interested in the subject of the interview to enjoy it, which is pretty good. i don't know why, but people just *really* talk. the episode about radio lab is the best sales pitch for its sweet weirdness ("it's not just sound, the sound's illustrating the physics, and people somehow enjoy that?!").

Different ones off off WFMU: http://www.wfmu.org/podcast

Raw Sewage noise/experimental podcast on there was great but sadly cancelled recently.

The dj/Rupture, People Like Us and Ergo Phizmiz hosted ones are still class though. The Soul one to a lesser extent - I think he's gone through all his best stuff.

Can't beat the Kermode cast for a good laugh, The Film Programme from the BBC is good as well, bit dry compared to Kermode obviously but they get great guests and interview them well.

Stones Throw and Social Registry have some amazing mixes and label showcases on theirs.

Stephen Fry's podgrams for entertaining rants and monologues.

All those above are right, This American Life is quality.

The R U Sirius Show as well, I just can't stick his voice and that of his co-presenters through my headphones anymore - might just be me.
I gave up on the Boing Boing one for much the same reason, there's a reason these people started blogs and not radio shows. Recording quality was terrible too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back