What music did you listen to when you were a little kid? (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
i was talking with my ma about music and stuff last night and she told me that when i was about 3 or 4 i really liked The Police and Queen, but more so The Police, who i'd listen to all day on my fisher price record player..
i also liked Eddie Grant

B00005NUZO.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

queen69.jpg

prince_of_persia_prince.jpg

i was talking with my ma about music and stuff last night and she told me that when i was about 3 or 4 i really liked The Police and Queen, but more so The Police, who i'd listen to all day on my fisher price record player..
i also liked Eddie Grant

eddie grant here too. my older brother had an "i dont wanna dance" 7 inch which i used play a lot. i still listen to him the odd time. my favorite of his records though was "enola gay" by omd which was played incessantly (still have it and play it) and my sisters copy of "honey" by bobby goldsboro which i thought was called "what the heck". i have that too.

The Everly Brothers
View attachment 3826

and Roger Whittaker
View attachment 3827

on my Dad's Sony Record Player (when he would let us use it)

My brother and I also used to make our own taped radio shows with interviews, news, live music and 'soaps' etc.

That was as close to 'Pop Music' as it got in my house until I bought a FM radio when I was about 10.

I was most impressed by joe dolce as a child. And one of my earliest memories is listening to video killed the radio star whilst sitting in the back seat of my dad's opel manta.

I also recall a fondness for shakey, ian drury and eddie grant.

Oh but mostly what I would have been listening at home to would have been my dad's awful fucking taste in music - paddy reilly, kenny rogers etc, at top volume.

eddie grant here too. my older brother had an "i dont wanna dance" 7 inch which i used play a lot. i still listen to him the odd time. my favorite of his records though was "enola gay" by omd which was played incessantly (still have it and play it) and my sisters copy of "honey" by bobby goldsboro which i thought was called "what the heck". i have that too.

i still love Electric Avenue! but i taped I don't wanna dance off the radio!

being into Maiden and Prince came much later down the line, when i was around 10 or 11

this thread is about what you liked when you were under 5

being into Maiden and Prince came much later down the line, when i was around 10 or 11

this thread is about what you liked when you were under 5

yes, the purchase of Bon Jovi's slippery when wet occurred when I was about 11, as I recall.

you're a bit young now for this george but I remember quite well bow bow bow's wild in the country as a nipper, it and buggles go hand and hand in my mind to this day. Oh and also XTC's making plans for nigel.

ah good old eddie. wasn't there a video where he was on a pier with his guitar?

ah now eddie, electricity and water don't mix.

i think that may have been "i dont wanna dance". its a good 24 or 25 years since ive seen it but to the best of my recollection he was swanning around the carribean on a raft in that video so there may have been piers involved.

ah good old eddie. wasn't there a video where he was on a pier with his guitar?

ah now eddie, electricity and water don't mix.

i think that was i don't wanna dance..or joanna
was that the same video were he was buried up to his neck in sand
that scared me a bit

he's aged really well, i saw him on some show a couple of years ago

i also liked Eddie Grant

didnt we talk about this the other day too?
i believe i might have said Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, and Extreme.

though that was when i was an older kid. when i was younger, it was all about Julie Andrews and whatever film she was in at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back