werner herzog remaking the bad lieutenant (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
with nic cage. ha ha ha!

12.jpg

"show me how you suck a guy's cock"

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117985593.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Nicolas Cage will star in an updated version of 1992's "Bad Lieutenant" with Werner Herzog directing, Edward R. Pressman producing and Avi Lerner's Nu Image/Millennium Films financing.

Project, also called "Bad Lieutenant," is due to be announced at Cannes. Production will start in late summer.
The original pic, produced by Pressman, starred Harvey Keitel and was directed by Abel Ferrara from a screenplay by Ferrara and Zoe Lund.
Story followed the depraved New York police officer of the title, who was heavily involved in drugs, gambling, sex and stealing; the pic received an NC-17 rating.
The new script's penned by Billy Finkelstein, a TV writer with credits on "Murder One," "Law & Order" and "NYPD Blue." Stephen Belafonte, who brought Finkelstein to the project, is also producing, while development was financed by producers Alan and Gabe Polsky.
Along with Lerner, Nu Image/Millennium's Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Boaz Davidson will exec produce with Elliot Rosenblatt and Alessandro Camon. Randall Emmett and Cage's Saturn Films are also producing. Cage is filming "Knowing" in Australia for director Alex Proyas. Herzog's expected to follow "Bad Lieutenant" with Focus' "The Piano Tuner" late this year.

oscar winning actor daniel day lewis has surprised fans and critics alike by accepting the lead role in remake of bill murray's 1990 classic, ghost dad. method man daniel, renowned for taking his roles very seriously indeed, has agreed to be killed under medical supervision for the part of malingering spirit elliot hopper. sidney lumet's corpse is attached to direct

oscar winning actor daniel day lewis has surprised fans and critics alike by accepting the lead role in remake of bill murray's 1990 classic, ghost dad. method man daniel, renowned for taking his roles very seriously indeed, has agreed to be killed under medical supervision for the part of malingering spirit elliot hopper. sidney lumet's corpse is attached to direct

bill%20cosby1.jpg

this isn't a remake

taken from:

http://defamer.com/395038/defiant-werner-herzog-to-defamer-who-is-abel-ferrara

So, yes or no: Is Bad Lieutenant a project you're working on with Nicolas Cage?

HERZOG: Yes, but its not a remake. It's like, for example, you wouldn't call a new James Bond movie a remake of the previous one — although the name of the bad lieutenant is a different one, and the story is completely different. It's very interesting because Nicolas Cage really wants to work with me, and just anticipating working with an actor of his caliber is just wonderful.

Why this project, though? You could have worked on anything.

HERZOG: There's an interesting screenplay; it's a very, very dark story. It's great because it seems to reflect a side of the collective psyche — sometimes there are just good times for film noir. They don't come out of nowhere. There was some sort of a mysterious context with the understanding of people in that particular time. And it's going to be in New Orleans, which is a fascinating place. Part of it was the decision of the producers for tax incentives — which is totally legitimate. However, I thought to myself: "We have seen a lot of New York in movies; we have not seen New Orleans in feature films." Or very few feature films. After Katrina it's a particularly interesting set-up. The neglect and politics after the hurricane struck are something quite amazing. It has to do with public morality.

Speaking of which, the original film's director, Abel Ferrara, has vowed to fight this project, and —

HERZOG: Wonderful, yes! Let him fight! He thinks I'm doing a remake.

Have you talked to him?

HERZOG: No. I have no idea who Abel Ferrara is. But let him fight the windmills, like Don Quixote.

Have you heard his comments at all? He says he hopes "these people die in Hell."

HERZOG: That's beautiful!

Do you relate to that passion?

HERZOG: No, because it's like theater thunder. It's like being backstage in the 19th century, with the machines that make thunder. It has nothing do with with his film. But let him rave and rant; it's good music in the background.

You did a remake before with Nosferatu, but —

HERZOG: It was not so much a remake as an homage to Murnau. But I don't feel like doing an homage to Abel Ferrara because I don't know what he did — I've never seen a film by him. I have no idea who he is. Is he Italian? Is he French? Who is he?

Oh, come on.

HERZOG: Maybe I could invite him to act in a movie! Except I don't know what he looks like

amazing

i can't get my head around why they don't just rename it! it's not
like Bad Lieutenant has some massive cult fanbase

i can't get my head around why they don't just rename it! it's not
like Bad Lieutenant has some massive cult fanbase

Yeah when this first was annonced and i heard it wasn't a remake - i thought it very strange...But then again it is Herzog.

fingers x'd it's a good un. i've really turned the corner on remakes
after seeing Neil LaBute's (far superior) Wicker Man which also
starred Nicholas Cage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back