Wereju & Wyntr Ravn CDRs out now (3 Viewers)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
3022622997_24d8d684cf_m.jpg
3023521194_4903799191_m.jpg

Hello again,

Things may have appeared quiet with us the summer but we're starting to bear fruit again at last, grim wyntr fruit no less.
We've got two simultaneous new releases on CDR for ye.

Wyntr Ravn is a duo of Jane Austen (Avanti Maria, Currer Bells) and Gavin Prior (Toymonger, United Bible Studies). Their Debut album has arrived. It's a dysthopic concept album called 'Daylight Raving'. The flesh is weak but the body and brain are still twitching, refusing to stop raving. Flashes of the night before intrude on the victim's solipsistic brainfreeze; a fews bars of beats, a lost loop, muted voices of friends now also trapped in their own private hell yet only inches away............you can leave the rave, but the rave will never leave you. www.myspace.com/wyntrravn

Wereju was one of several great sets at the Guantanamo Noise Festival in Limerick during the summer. We finally asked him to do a release with us. It's dark and it's ambient but its beauty will be apparent to the world outside of murky sub-genres.
Wereju's blurry, eerie drones have a lot in common with Aidan Baker's solo guitarscapes and the massive string tones of Fear Falls Burning, but this is darker stuff than either of those artists. Heavily processed feedback swells in tide-like form, deep and sonorous, and underneath the warbling ambience is a dark soundworld enveloped in shadow. Muted melancholy melodies appear and disappear, soft whorls of sound and far-off klaxon blasts carry over vast expanses of blackness, and reverberating strings hum suspended in the air. Every once in awhile, the sound will begin to overload and distort, and form into a heavy blackened Sunn O))) like drone, but mostly Wereju inhabits a realm of mysterious, drifting, meditative dark ambience.
www.myspace.com/werejumusic

Wereju is on sale in Sentinel and Sound Cellar. Both releases are available www.desertedvillage.com, Road Records and here.....
ad.gif

Ahh. I met you at the zine fair. Talked a load of shite about Swans, Nurse With Wound, Coil etc. Ya gave me a load of copied cd's for free....one of them was Wereju, gotta check that stuff out now...

I'll take a Wyntr Ravn cd, I heard a bit of it at the fair and thought it was pretty damn cool. are ye gonna be dropping any into Pluggd by any chance?

Nice meeting you as well.

Ahh. I met you at the zine fair. Talked a load of shite about Swans, Nurse With Wound, Coil etc. Ya gave me a load of copied cd's for free....one of them was Wereju, gotta check that stuff out now...

I'll take a Wyntr Ravn cd, I heard a bit of it at the fair and thought it was pretty damn cool. are ye gonna be dropping any into Pluggd by any chance?

Nice meeting you as well.

Hi.

It was nice to meet you too.
The copy of Wereju was the original master of the album we put out so you got lucky!
They won't be in Plugd until next year but I'll give you a shout when they're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back