Weird oi! compilation i picked up yesterday (1 Viewer)

Sam.

For some reason, the music section upstairs in Chapters on Abbbey Street has a amazing Oi! collection.

At least 50 different cds, all 12quid and all on the label, ''Step - 1''.

Loads of The Oppressed, The 4-skins, Cock Sparrer, Combat 84, The Business etc.. etc..

I picked up the 'Best of The Oppressed', 'SHARP Punk and Oi! (which has a dublin band called The Steam Pig on it) and this Oi! compilation called 'Still out of fuckin order''.

The last one looked good boasted of ''The 4skins, Angelic Upstarts, Cock Sparrer, The Business and The Oppressed''.

Here's the track list:

1. Evil -the 4-Skins 2. Run From You - The Oppressed 3. Violence In Our Minds - The Last Resort 4. Rapist - Combat 84 5. Someones Gonna Die Tonight - Blitz 6. Blood On The Terraces - Angelic Upstarts 7. Gang Warfare - Comdemned 84 8. Runnin Riot - Cock Sparrer 9. I Hate You - The Kicker Boys 10. I Hate Hippies - The Kicker Boys 11. Head Kicked In - Moonstomp 12. Saturday - The 4-Skins 13. Get Yer Tits Out - The Business 14. Violence - Combat 84 15. Brighton Bomb - Angelic Upstarts 16. Skinhead - Condemed 84 17. Razors In The Night - Blitz 18. Lets Break The Law - Anti-Nowhere League 19. Soulboys - The Last Resort 20. Skinheads 88 - Youth Defense League 21. Smash The Discos - The Business 22. Urban Soilders - The Opressed

How the fuck did two blatant neo nazi/white power songs/groups get mixed in with The Oppressed and Angelic Upstarts etc..?

:confused:

(PS - i'm not 100% sure that Combat 84 are WP, but judging by that song and another one they have called 'politically incorrect' it sounds like to me they are)

Someone else once told me to avoid Combat 84. Can't remember why, but i've never seen much stuff by them around anyway.

Stoney Batter me I seen her up the Navan road, etc. - Steam Pig are fucking fantastic.

'amazing oi', now there's an oxymoron if ever i heard it. wyid t'd double in and deep fried obedience used to be my classic get home drunk and destroy the cd while trying to put it on albums for at least 2 years back in the late teenage days. of course, those were roscommon times.

Sam. said:
For some reason, the music section upstairs in Chapters on Abbbey Street has a amazing Oi! collection.

At least 50 different cds, all 12quid and all on the label, ''Step - 1''.

Loads of The Oppressed, The 4-skins, Cock Sparrer, Combat 84, The Business etc.. etc..

I picked up the 'Best of The Oppressed', 'SHARP Punk and Oi! (which has a dublin band called The Steam Pig on it) and this Oi! compilation called 'Still out of fuckin order''.

The last one looked good boasted of ''The 4skins, Angelic Upstarts, Cock Sparrer, The Business and The Oppressed''.

Here's the track list:

1. Evil -the 4-Skins 2. Run From You - The Oppressed 3. Violence In Our Minds - The Last Resort 4. Rapist - Combat 84 5. Someones Gonna Die Tonight - Blitz 6. Blood On The Terraces - Angelic Upstarts 7. Gang Warfare - Comdemned 84 8. Runnin Riot - Cock Sparrer 9. I Hate You - The Kicker Boys 10. I Hate Hippies - The Kicker Boys 11. Head Kicked In - Moonstomp 12. Saturday - The 4-Skins 13. Get Yer Tits Out - The Business 14. Violence - Combat 84 15. Brighton Bomb - Angelic Upstarts 16. Skinhead - Condemed 84 17. Razors In The Night - Blitz 18. Lets Break The Law - Anti-Nowhere League 19. Soulboys - The Last Resort 20. Skinheads 88 - Youth Defense League 21. Smash The Discos - The Business 22. Urban Soilders - The Opressed

How the fuck did two blatant neo nazi/white power songs/groups get mixed in with The Oppressed and Angelic Upstarts etc..?

:confused:

(PS - i'm not 100% sure that Combat 84 are WP, but judging by that song and another one they have called 'politically incorrect' it sounds like to me they are)

some bands like the last resort etc started out as oi bands and later went for the right wing shit.like the old screwdriver before they were reformed.some of the dodge bands were even on roddy from the oppressed label before they turned.

YDL were also on a comp lp on Revelation records alongside bands like Nausea,Youth Of Today,Gorilla Biscuits,Sick Of It All etc. I actually don't think they were nazis so much as stupid.

They may have also been on the US of OI comp. I'll maybe dig it out later.

byrneos said:
some bands like the last resort etc started out as oi bands and later went for the right wing shit.like the old screwdriver before they were reformed.some of the dodge bands were even on roddy from the oppressed label before they turned.
The Last Resort went right wing?????
Ye gods they were the best band at wasted last year and Roi Pearce was as nice as pie!
I know they were nationalist but didn't know they went right wing?
What songs in particular?

condemned 84 arent nazis theyre just proud to be british. hahahahahahaha try saying that with a straight face lol.

byrneos said:

so the last resort are a right wing band? thats news to me. would it also be news to them? are do you know that for sure?

the have some funny songnames like be a stormtrooper in stayprest but i dont think they are nazis. they were involved with rock against communism like but that doesnt necessarily mean anythingeven tho there were some seriously dodgy bands associated with that.

barndog said:
the have some funny songnames like be a stormtrooper in stayprest but i dont think they are nazis. they were involved with rock against communism like but that doesnt necessarily mean anythingeven tho there were some seriously dodgy bands associated with that.

rock against communism? ok, I guess I should apologise for doubting byrneos

i dont even particularly like the last resort but just because a band arent left wing doesnt mean they are fascists.

barndog said:
i dont even particularly like the last resort but just because a band arent left wing doesnt mean they are fascists.
thats why i said right wing not fascists.their nationalism is in my view right wing and playing rac gigs .sleep with dogs you get fleas.

id agree with gary that some of these bands were more thick than nazi.

anyway theres way better oi bands to be listening 2.

They were def the best band at the whole Wasted fest last year though......he put on an amazing show and some of their songs are def cult classics.

Also if a band here is pro IRA which in turn that is nationalist but here that would be left wing lol :p

i would say all nazis are just thick to be honest. and extremely nasty of course. on a different point has anyone seen the cover of the condemned 84 album "face the aggression" with a load of skinheads kicking the shit out of a crusty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back