Web design/Firefox issue (1 Viewer)

Robot Devil

Has anyone noticed a problem with Firefox since the latest update (I say latest update, but perhaps it happened earlier without me noticing). I don't think it's a problem on my PC as I've reinstalled Firefox.

I'm no web design pro - most of my sites are table based, but while the site loads fine, when I hit refresh, the content at the top of the page either goes all over the place or disappears entirely.

I've also noticed that some of my Flash banners will lose their default background colour!

Anybody else have any issues?

can't say I have. don't use tables though... although I can't see how that would be a problem. sounds like crazy weirdness to me.

is it just a problem in FF? checked it on other computers?

you'd probably have to show us what you're talking about for people to get a better idea of the problem... link?

also, tables suck ballz. learn yourself some css/xhtml! ;) :)

Probably nothing to do with your problem but I've been having a bit of trouble with Firefox very recently.

A few sites have told me that my browser doesn't have cookies enabled but when I checked the settings it all looks fine.

I've actually started to get CSS more, so it's not THAT big a deal - it's just that sites I did yonks ago will now have this problem.

On the subject of CSS though, plug... mind if I ask you a "slightly" technical question? Say I put a nice stripe effect along the top of the page using body {} in the style sheet. So I've got a nice gif, repating along the X blah blah. Say the stripe is 180px high. Then I stick a div in the html which has padding top of say 150px and then stick some buttons in there. Will they always stay in the same position regardless of resolution/browser etc?

Just wondering cos if I put button graphics in, that blend with the stripe, I don't ever want them "jutting out" anywhere. Sorry if I'm not explaining this well.

rule #1 with css and xhtml and browser compatibility issues
DON'T resort to hacks. Just learn how to code plain as, so that the site works across the board as much as possible - you're ensuring as much future proofing as possible, which you absolutely are not if you use hacks left right and centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back