we just had a little earthquake (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
haha that was mad! the fuckin office floor started shakin and all. madness. last time i experienced one was a few years ago in NZ but it was heaps stronger and I actually fell down. this one was like a solid termor for about 15 seconds.

ha!

anyone else felt the earth shake before?

anyone else felt the earth shake before?

i did once when i was on my j1 visa in san francisco. i was leaning against a wall as we had hardly any furniture and next thing i heard a very low rumbling and felt shaking. at first i thought it was very loud music a few floors down but then i copped. it was only short and was 4.9 but it was a bit scary. i wondered how much shaking the 20 story building i was half way up could take, especially since it seemed the earth could shake it no bother.

i have a memory of another one in italy but im not sure if its a real memory or if i invented it in my mind.

I was in one in Orange county about 12 years ago.
My Ma tried to tell me it was train...I never seen or heard of a train that could shake books off a shelf and make a pool overflow and cause interuptions to afternoon TV with reports of an Earthquake.
Think it was 5.1 or something,i dont remember.There was aftershocks and shit too.
Landed in a tornado in Atlanta too on the same trip.

I was in an earthquake machine dealy in a museum in London when I was little(r). It was an entire furnished room that shook exactly like it would in a real earthquake.

I remember a very weak tremor when I was in primary school - back in 85 or so. The blackboard rattled on the wall for about 5 seconds and that was it. Was pretty scary, even though it was very weak, mostly I think because we didn't know what was happening.

Edit: That's the one Dudley :)

does anyone remember the tremor in ireland? about 20 years ago or something?

i missed it because i was in mid air pulling a snazzy jump on my raleigh burner

apparently we have them regularly, theyre just so weak that they can rarely be felt. there was another relatively strong one in bray or somewhere last year i think - woke people up and stuff. i remember reports of one in donegal about 10 years ago that was about 2 on the richter scale that nobody felt but it showed up and graphs and charts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back