Watchmen (1 Viewer)

Wilbert said:
Is it real, do you think? I haven't heard anything about it since Aaronofsky jumped.

I can't imagine how they will squash it into two hours.

Hmmmmm....it looks real. Rumors are that John Cusack will be Nite-Owl, Sigourney Weaver as the Silk Spectre, and Daniel Craig will play Rorschach
according to http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/watchmen.asp

Looks real enough, it's all coming off a paramount web server (the same server runs www.tombraidermovie.com).

As for how they'll cram it all in - the Incredibles pretty much managed to get most of the story of Watchmen (and more) into their two hours. So I'd say they're okay.

Also - I like the fact that they've got the voice of Solid Snake doing the screenplay. That guy can apparently write some pretty mean genre stuff like this.

THRILLHO said:
the Incredibles pretty much managed to get most of the story of Watchmen (and more) into their two hours.

More? Hmmmmmm. I think there may be more in the Watchmen than in the Incredibles.

They'll have to throw so much of it away for the movie and I reckon the first thing to go will be the parallel story of the guy on the raft. I understand that it has to be that way, but it is such an amazing book, you don't want to lose any of it.

Also, you just know it won't be an 18 movie, like it should be.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that there was more in the Incredibles, in terms of actual story. Just that they got the basics of the Watchmen story and their own stuff in there too. Y'see?

I don't think anyone could actually argue that Watchmen isn't one of the densest comic books around. Where did you hear about the age rating?

THRILLHO said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that there was more in the Incredibles, in terms of actual story. Just that they got the basics of the Watchmen story and their own stuff in there too. Y'see?

I don't think anyone could actually argue that Watchmen isn't one of the densest comic books around. Where did you hear about the age rating?

I know, I was only joking. It was a very good condensation of the story that I am surprised they got away with without being sued.

I actually haven't heard anything solid about the age rating, but I would be very surprised if a superhero movie was allowed to be an 18 certificate by a major Hollywood studio.

Get ready for the McDonalds Rorschach Unhappy Meal with Comedian Fries and Niteowl McNuggets!

As was reported in various trade journals, Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy) $120 million projected adaptation of Watchmen, due to enter pre-production this week, has instead been cancelled, putting Greengrass amongst other filmmakers who have failed to successfully adapt the book for the silver screen, including Terry Gilliam (Brazil), Darren Aranofsky (Pi) and David Hayter (X-Men scriptwriter).

Why do people want to watch the movie 'version' . it will just end up being put through the hollywood reductionist sysytem and will just end up being disappointing pap.
Might have a good soundtrack though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back