Wanted: RAT pedal (1 Viewer)

jaysus, took me months to figure out what new distortion/overdrive pedal* I wanted, I don't envy you

*finally settled on a US Big Muff, it's deadly, you sound like Dinosaur Jr

The regular rat is a bit of a one-trick pony. It's got the 'big-rat-fuzz-sound' going on. The turbo rat is a bit more versatile, you can get some nice crunchier stuff out of it. I tried 'em both out when I bought mine, and I'd recommend you do the same. I didn't actually try the Brat, because I was lying earlier ; it looks horrrific.

Oh yeah, you want one of those Russian Big Muffs. Die-Cast green like a toy tank ; damn they rule. Got mine in that now defunct second hand shop on abbey st. for £30

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
I tried 'em both out when I bought mine

Soon after I nicked this turbo rat of GrrrRRRRrrRrahaha and now it's mine, righ? Never gettin' it back. I love it, it squeals, it roars, it crunches, love it.

So you prefer the russian muff to the brand shiny new then eh? *sniff*

I want a fuzzprobe.
Simple as that.

I was in the States a few years ago, and came across a guy who built his own pedals too. He wasn't concerned with the aesthetics, so his *ahem* effects unit looked like a huge shallow box filled with abstract wiring, and some switches here and there for good measure. Except it was mindblowingly good. A total lunatic.

Before I came home, he told me he'd make me my own pedal: I just had to try and describe what it sounded like.

Fuck.

Originally posted by madouva
he told me he'd make me my own pedal: I just had to try and describe what it sounded like.

Fuck.

Nah, just describe your avatar to him. That should sound like a cross between a big muff and eh..help me out here.

I 'built' a pedal from the guts of a Starfire practise amp in college

it was basically a switch that directed the signal thru the wee starfire thingy amp or not, and the whole basis of the starfire amp was that it was a 9v powered amp being run on 3v and thus crunching the signal up and making it sound like your guitar was vommiting. ( a good thing, yes?)

luckily the whole thing fell apart before it burst into flames and murdered me dead

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
Nah, just describe your avatar to him. That should sound like a cross between a big muff and eh..help me out here.
A Cry baby? best I could come up with.

I have the components to make 2 rat pedals which I've been meaning to do for the last two years. Maybe that should go on me things to do list for this years.

marshall guv'nor 2. king of pedals. no contest.

am very impressed with ians muff though. great noise range.
don't like the rat much.
also have a boss heavy metal pedal. sounds so bad it's good.

you can NEVER have too many distortion pedals..|..|

re: 'now defunct shop on abbey st.' i presume you are talking about onstage? got my amp there. dodgey as fuck. played a gig in the fox and pheasant one time and as we were loading our gear, the bass guitar was lifted. ended up in onstage about two days later. we complain and the guy told us to "fuck off".
charming.

Nah, just describe your avatar to him. That should sound like a cross between a big m

Ho ho.
Now that I've ridded myself of the bogey bikini avatar in favour of Joanna Cassidy from TV's 240 Robert, I reckon the pedal I need will be a "huge, ancient muff".

I'll be here in a ball on the ground, whenever you're happy to start kicking, Psychotic.

Going to stick with the Turbo Rat for the mo' I reckon.

Any suggestions on a deadly EQ pedal?
Am I lazy or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back