Wanted, Big Muff pedal (1 Viewer)

i'm pretty sure music technology.ie are selling big muffs cheaper than that new.

although i dunno about them - i've been waiting for over a month now for a pedal off them. all this waiting is totally fucking up my art and shit

andrew

This is what Music Tech said, thought they were suppossed to be cheaper!?

[size=-1]ELECTRO HARMONIX Graphic Fuzz , 6-Band Graphic EQ withbuilt in Distortion (Fuzz), incl. 40V Power supply[/size]
€170

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
i'm pretty sure music technology.ie are selling big muffs cheaper than that new.

although i dunno about them - i've been waiting for over a month now for a pedal off them. all this waiting is totally fucking up my art and shit

andrew

totally different pedal
music technolgoy never actually got mine in and i stopped bothering to email them about it
got it from thomann with another pedal and it worked out the same price (more or less i think)
so, if you want something in like 3 days, go with thomann.......

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
totally different pedal
music technolgoy never actually got mine in and i stopped bothering to email them about it
got it from thomann with another pedal and it worked out the same price (more or less i think)
so, if you want something in like 3 days, go with thomann.......

andrew
thanks man, I'll check out their site now, by the way, is it a good pedal?

i dunno really, i was getting a memory man...big muff's a big muff...used 'em before and they kinda give you that 'big muff sound' - total cop out response that doesn't really tell you anything
pantone247 has one, i know that much - maybe he can tell yer more.

andrew

Pantone247 said:
savage fucking pedal... I got the US one, it's gotta a couple of notches more volume in it to my ears... it's just Mudhoney all over.
big muff + marshall jackhammer (on OD) = best thing ever. You get the insanity crunch of the big muff and the rounded edges & low end of the jackhammer all in one. Next step will be to see what a rat sounds like in on top of that.... [drool]

hop said:
big muff + marshall jackhammer (on OD) = best thing ever. You get the insanity crunch of the big muff and the rounded edges & low end of the jackhammer all in one. Next step will be to see what a rat sounds like in on top of that.... [drool]

I run the muff with the tone and saturation all the way up for the more paper thin "wasp in a jar" fuzz... it's really grating after a while, totally awesome....

I used the Big Muff and me DOD classic fuzz, but they sort of wipe each other out, just gets really farty and crap sounding... this is weird to me, how you can put a load of different gains infront of your amp and get it sounding great... but then you can put a different load gain stages in front and get it sounding utterly shit and farty... anyone know what I mean?

ANYHOW the built-in fuzz on my Dano Guitarand the muff is totally sick, tons of microphonic feedback, lots of background hiss, like playing a shirt wave radio with a hammer.

Pantone247 said:
I run the muff with the tone and saturation all the way up for the more paper thin "wasp in a jar" fuzz... it's really grating after a while, totally awesome....
i really like the crisp crunch element of that paper thin sound, but i prefer to fill it out in the low and mid so i end up using the jackhammer for that - what I end up with is really good sound definition for single/double notes but also muggy dirge noise fest on the bigger chords. best of both worlds really

Pantone247 said:
I used the Big Muff and me DOD classic fuzz, but they sort of wipe each other out, just gets really farty and crap sounding... this is weird to me, how you can put a load of different gains infront of your amp and get it sounding great... but then you can put a different load gain stages in front and get it sounding utterly shit and farty... anyone know what I mean?
yeah i get that too a lot, it depends on the order the pedals are in aswell as the settings on them - even the slightest change in tone or contour can ruin my setup, trying to get that balance drives me insane sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back