Vinnie Stigma is a Legend (1 Viewer)

I would have thought you to be a fan of early AF,7" and 1st lp at least.

i am. i love them. but just cannot have the actual band members for some reason, i have never warmed to them. same with conflict, i love their stuff - well most of the 80's stuff - but again cannot warm to Colin Jerwood etc.

When Agnostic Front played here. Stigma and Roger Miret both seemed pleasant enough. Sure they've said some stupid things but so have a lot of other bands/people who get passes.

When Agnostic Front played here. Stigma and Roger Miret both seemed pleasant enough. Sure they've said some stupid things but so have a lot of other bands/people who get passes.
I ve said it before ignorant drug selling screwdriver thanking ,we ll play whatever is hip at the moment,toughguy dipshits,saying they were gonna kill biafra years ago yet miret praising him in the Punk attitude film ,sickening!!

Bastard Youth played with Agnostic Front up in Belfast years back and I have to admit...they were the nicest bunch of heads I've ever met!!

We turned up pretty early to Giro's and there was this massive rider waiting for them (pineapples, clean towels, chocolate spread...the works!). We thought they were going to be total dicks.

When they arrived, the first thing they did was hand the entire rider over to the cafe then sat down with myself, Ian and Steve for dinner and put up with all of our ridiculous questions. After our set, one of them (bass player I think) bought a BY demo tape and spent the evening rocking out to it down in the cafe much to Steve's delight. Later on, Mr. Stigma tried to buy weed off me and Ian and we had an interesting chat about how he was in jail when we were born. They even let Steve get up and sing that "From the East Coast to the West Coast" song.

Much, much later that night, some unfortunate spikey was stabbed in the face with a screwdriver...cue a very piss drunk me and Ian heading outside...with Vinny Stigma to look for the culprits...cue a huge riot van pulling up and me and Ian high tailing back inside the venue leaving poor aul Vinnie to fend for himself on the mean streets of Belfast at some ungodly hour in the morning!!

When the night was finally over, they put us all on the guestlist for the Dublin gig and gave repeated shout outs all night..."this next ones for the bastard kids!!" "Bastard Youth Vinnie, they're called Bastard Youth!!"

Good times, and sound lads!!

Bastard Youth played with Agnostic Front up in Belfast years back and I have to admit...they were the nicest bunch of heads I've ever met!!

We turned up pretty early to Giro's and there was this massive rider waiting for them (pineapples, clean towels, chocolate spread...the works!). We thought they were going to be total dicks.

When they arrived, the first thing they did was hand the entire rider over to the cafe then sat down with myself, Ian and Steve for dinner and put up with all of our ridiculous questions. After our set, one of them (bass player I think) bought a BY demo tape and spent the evening rocking out to it down in the cafe much to Steve's delight. Later on, Mr. Stigma tried to buy weed off me and Ian and we had an interesting chat about how he was in jail when we were born. They even let Steve get up and sing that "From the East Coast to the West Coast" song.

Much, much later that night, some unfortunate spikey was stabbed in the face with a screwdriver...cue a very piss drunk me and Ian heading outside...with Vinny Stigma to look for the culprits...cue a huge riot van pulling up and me and Ian high tailing back inside the venue leaving poor aul Vinnie to fend for himself on the mean streets of Belfast at some ungodly hour in the morning!!

When the night was finally over, they put us all on the guestlist for the Dublin gig and gave repeated shout outs all night..."this next ones for the bastard kids!!" "Bastard Youth Vinnie, they're called Bastard Youth!!"

great story ,so which hardcore legint would win in a row , mr. stigma or capper???

great story ,so which hardcore legint would win in a row , mr. stigma or capper???

Stigma, no contest. If memory serves me correct he was about as tall as me and about four times the width of yourself...all New York muscle!! :p

There's a lot more to that night...I should really sit down some day and compile all the ridiculous antics the BY Club got up to in our hay day. I think it would make for good reading.

Stigma, no contest. If memory serves me correct he was about as tall as me and about four times the width of yourself...all New York muscle!! :p

There's a lot more to that night...I should really sit down some day and compile all the ridiculous antics the BY Club got up to in our hay day. I think it would make for good reading.

be better than having to listen to the records anyway. :D

Thats fucking brilliant! Whens the reunion, Scientific Bong had ehh a couple

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back