Vialka, Estel, Apostles, Weapons of mass Destruction Thursday 3rd march (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Vialka, Estel, Apostles, Weapons of Mass Destruction
Thursday 3 March, Boh's Bar, Dalymount Park, Phibsboro
Doors 8:30, Admission 5 Euro.
Directions to venue: http://www.bohemians.ie/maps.htm

www.vialka.com
MP3: Everywhere and Nowhere
Live video clip: http://files.ilbis.com/vialka/vialka2.rm

Vialka Describe themselves as a progressive folk-punk duo (Vox, Drums & Baritone guitar) and they Rock. This is their second Irish tour. See ya there.
Weapons of Mass Destruction have a new 3 inch out on Slow Loris called "No Retreat, No Surrender" It's on sale in Road Records now.

Other irish Dates:
Friday 4 March High stool, Limerick
Saturday 5 March Kilkenny, venue TBA
Monday 7 March Belfast Venue TBA
Venues and Support to be confirmed..........
The Blurb...............

The dynamic duo of France’s Marylise Frecheville and Canada native Eric Boros have been bringing their gypsy punk music and lifestyle to all corners of the world for five years, originally as the rhythm section of the Swiss based performance striptease jazz-punk band NNY, and now with Vialka. They have lived in Switzerland, Slovenia, Canada, and are currently calling France their home between tours. Vialka’s music, based on the simplistic interaction between Marylise’s drumming and singing and Eric’s guitar playing, draws its influences from traditional and modern music from around the world – played with bombastic energy and a sophisticated musical language all their own. They have released two albums on their own “Manufracture” record label: “Tonight I Show You Fuck” and “Republic of the Bored and Boring”. Vialka is not just music, but a social scientific experiment, attempting to meet and communicate with people and musicians all around the world. They have toured extensively in over thirty countries across Europe, Africa, North America and Asia, including recent tours to China and ex-Yugoslavia, and have collaborated with Italian saxophonist Jacopo Andreini, Macedonian artist collective OPA, French cinematographer Laurent Varlet, Swiss cinematographer Sébastien Riond, French eco-designer Cédric Carles, and members of the Chinese punk band SDL. Future plans include tours in North America, Europe, and Asia by land, as well as releasing a new album and DVD featuring a documentary about their Chinese tour.

Latex lizzie said:
that chick looks pretty fine If I may say so.
any mp3's about the place gav?

She sounds fine too.
There's a link to an mp3 and video clip in my first post, which you were obviously too busy drooling over MaryLise to read, Looks like society finally Dumbed ya down.................

Caught Vialka play before. They are so embarrassingly bad. They mix performance theatre and quite honestly awful, awful music. That girl may appear quite hot but she's as mad as a brush. Go along if you fancy a laugh. Most of the crowd were in stitches laughing (at them not with them).

these guys sound mad here is some of here tour diary...

Brescia - Magasino 47, communist center, 5 people in their thirties. More than two hours of soundcheck was necessary to get the effects through the mixing desk . There was one overhead this time, but it was weak, and people did not care or understand what was expected from them. For once I felt there was a language problem. My own voice was very loud in the monitor, which prevented me from listening to the others properly, and from screaming. The show was aborted after 2 or 3 minutes

deadly.

Latex lizzie said:
these guys sound mad here is some of here tour diary...
Brescia - Magasino 47, communist center, 5 people in their thirties. More than two hours of soundcheck was necessary to get the effects through the mixing desk . There was one overhead this time, but it was weak, and people did not care or understand what was expected from them. For once I felt there was a language problem. My own voice was very loud in the monitor, which prevented me from listening to the others properly, and from screaming. The show was aborted after 2 or 3 minutes
deadly.

That's actually a report of MaryLise's solo project where she samples audience members and plays their voices back to them in performance, The Vialka shows are more rockin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back