Vee haff vays of makingk you play. (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Looking for that special gift for the murder-crazed megalomaniac in your life?

Regular Barbie not genocidal enough?

Having a party for ex-Luftwaffe chaps, and want to give them a stunningly-lifelike tableau to inspire some non-threatening old-people nostalgia?

Here's the answer!

http://www.packrat-toyz.com/In%20The%20Past%20Toys/toys_in_the_past.htm

Also, if you click back to the home page on that site, and you can identify the song it plays, that'd be.....DEADLY. DEADLY LIKE A GUN.

ha deadly. actually, the original star wars imperial commander toy was quite similar to a gestapo officer.

doesnt lemmy collect nazi memorabilia? he has some means of justifying it, i dunno.

cant wait for my new priest socks to arrive from habit hat.

CITY BABY said:
Does the fact that I find those cool make me a bad person? I wouldn't buy one obviously. That wouldn't do when right-on punks came over to visit.
The rest of the site is dodgy out. "Tactical gear" eh?

It's the context of the site that makes it so fucking scary. I wouldn't buy Nazi 'memorabilia', but I'm sure I have some fucked-up old Soviet stuff sitting around, and I have some books on Eugenics, phrenology, and all sorts of old ethnologies involving 'hierarchies of the races'.

And, since I spent all of yesterday going through 1930s issues of a journal founded by Gustav Kossinna, looking for pictures of Nazi archaeologists (not just out of the blue, mind, for a reason...), I can't really be the one to judge.

However, since we're not also selling AK-47s or spouting dodgy separatist philosophy on a shitty website, I think it's okay to think it's cool. I won't tell the right-on punx if you won't.

I'm not sure how I feel about collecting Nazi memorabilia. I think it's important that we don't hide it, or throw it away, but, unlike, say, a helmet from the Boer War, there ARE still people around that would use the stuff as a symbol of neo-Nazism. In a way, that gives it a status a bit more chilling than 'memorabilia'.

I saw lots of Nazi gear in antique shops in Estonia. It became quite scarily apparent that it was catering to a crowd that had more than a passing interest in armchair history when I saw the CD rack, full of Hitler's speeches.

And a fucking SS gun. That creeped me out so much I had to leave the fucking shop.

Lord Damian said:
that's exactly fucking right.

Yes, but it doesn't mean opening a business to sell newly-made dolls of Nazis.

It's not like an old pin, it is a NEW DOLL. That you buy from someone who sat down and deliberately designed a line of Nazi hero dolls. That funds the nutter who runs that website. So he can stockpile guns. So he can open his own death camp, Montana-stylee.

Which is fucked up.

jane said:
I saw lots of Nazi gear in antique shops in Estonia. It became quite scarily apparent that it was catering to a crowd that had more than a passing interest in armchair history when I saw the CD rack, full of Hitler's speeches.

And a fucking SS gun. That creeped me out so much I had to leave the fucking shop.

Yeah I was in a shop there and you're kinda looking around the whole time checing to see which customers are a bit too serious. The staff that worked there were amazing , learned a few personal stories that put things into a more realistic perspective. Was very tempted to by a hitler clock though. Laughed my ass off everytime i looked at it.

wasn't there that old record store, (the place where the guy would tape the records for you), in mother redcaps? he had a bunch of nazi speeches etc. on vinyl.

I remember thinking he should have called the section "vinyl solution". then I remember thinking that probably wouldn't be very funny...

jane said:
Yes, but it doesn't mean opening a business to sell newly-made dolls of Nazis.

It's not like an old pin, it is a NEW DOLL. That you buy from someone who sat down and deliberately designed a line of Nazi hero dolls. That funds the nutter who runs that website. So he can stockpile guns. So he can open his own death camp, Montana-stylee.

Which is fucked up.
i totally agree, i was originally just agreeing with the 'never forget history even tho it may be ugly' message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back