SuperFi Records (label/distro) (1 Viewer)

el Jefe

Website
www.superfirecords.co.uk
Hi everyone, hope you’re all well! If you can’t be arsed to read all this, you could just go check out www.superfirecords.co.uk instead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FLATLANDS / SUNSHINE REPUBLIC - split 12”
Flatlands are seriously heavy in a stripped-down Neurosis style, which monolithic, catchy riffs crashing into each other and plenty of screaming. Two quite long songs from them. Sunshine Republic are on a more experimental tip, reminding these ears of House Of Low Culture, though there are elements of doom, post-rock and noise in the mix too. They contribute one really long song. The LPs all come on 180-gramme grey vinyl, and have cool acetate inserts (or so I’m told). This was co-released with both Flatlands and Krayon, a label run by some members of SR, so feel free to support the bands directly and buy this from them for about 6 quid post-paid.

http://www.houseofsoyo.f9.co.uk/flatlands/audio/Flatlands%20-%20Scunthorpe%20Shirt%20Potato.mp3
www.flatlandstouristboard.co.uk
www.sunshinerepublic.net
www.krayonrecordings.net

TRENCHER / ESQUILAX - split 10”
Considered by many (including me) to be their best recorded material, the session Trencher did for the late, great John Peel show finally gets an airing. Seven tracks, including the extended version of a song off the Orthrelm split 5” and a cover of a The Murder Of Rosa Luxemburg song. Esquilax are from Birmingham in the UK, but instead of sounding like Sabbath bring forth some crazed Locust / Agoraphobic Nosebleed styled drum-machine powered spazzcore grind. Comes in an amazing package too of course. If you live in London, it will probably be very hard not to find this record, as about 6 different labels put it out (some links are below), but rest assured it will be getting out and about. Not sure of the price, but will probably be 7 or 8 quid. Incidentally, Trencher’s album “When Dracula Think Look At Me” is due for a re-release on Southern apparently, but in the meantime, grab the vinyl version on Wakusei / Crucificados Pelo Sistema Records.
www.trencher.tk
www.weareesquilax.tk
www.crucificados.de
www.wakuseirecords.co.uk
www.midmarchrecords.com
www.monotreme.co.uk

CANDY SNIPER – s/t 7”
A two-track, heavyweight vinyl affair from this amazing UK band, somewhere between Fugazi, Hot Snakes, The Jesus Lizard and Drive Like Jehu. Wiry riffing, twisting and turning all the time, always threatening to collapse in on itself but retaining an essential melodic element. Yet another joint release, this time with the following dudes: the band themselves, Running Riot, Sticky Translucent Goo (who I don’t think have a website as of yet) and Zombie138.
www.candysniper.i8.com
www.runningriotrecords.co.uk
www.zombie138.co.uk

SNOWBLOOD – Being And Becoming CD / 2xLP
SNOWBLOOD – The Human Tragedy CD / LP
Snowblood’s new epic “Being And Becoming” has been out a couple of months, and has already gotten some grand reviews for its 68 minutes of post-rock meets crushingly heavy doom metal experimental action. We also still have the band’s debut effort “The Human Tragedy”, which features a song played by John Peel quite a bit. The vinyl version for “Being” should be here by the beginning of December, and will come as a double 180-gramme gatefold affair! Cripes. Cheers to everyone who came out to see Snowblood on their September UK tour by the way! Everyone had a total blast, and the band hope to get out and about again next summer too.
http://pulsar.hytekhosting.com/~superfi/mp3/Snowblood_-_Aubade.mp3 (from Being And Becoming)
http://pulsar.hytekhosting.com/~superfi/mp3/Snowblood_-_Appearance.mp3 (from Being And Becoming)
http://pulsar.hytekhosting.com/~superfi/mp3/Snowblood_-_Kali.mp3 (from The Human Tragedy)
www.snowblood.com
www.lawgiverrecords.co.uk

THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE – Turn Illness Into A Weapon LP
This is the new band featuring Andy who played in Shank and Ebola. He moved over to Canada a while back and started up a new band playing some of that powerviolence stuff he's famous for, shot through with plenty of crushing sludginess. This is the vinyl version of the CD (which I will have in stock soonish), which is on Sound Pollution Records. The LPs are on 180-gramme heavyweight vinyl, and the stunning artwork is by Brian from the band Watchmaker.
http://www.theendlessblockade.com/theendlessblockade-dummiesforrolemodels.mp3
www.theendlessblockade.com

WRECK OF OLD ’98 – s/t LP
A short-lived but highly productive UK band (a split 7" with Last Kiss is also available) that brought forth 15 short, sharp blasts of intelligent, incisive and fun political punk rock along the lines of The Minutemen, Shoutbus, Black Flag and bands of that ilk. Co-released with four other labels, and we’re down to our last 15 or so copies, so act quickly if you want one!
http://pulsar.hytekhosting.com/~superfi/mp3/Wreck_Of_Old_98_-_Calamity.mp3

TRACTOR / GEISHA – split 10”
Two of the most uncompromising bands from the city of Bristol in the UK team up for 78.53 square inches of fun! Tractor take their cues from old unholy noise-rock acts as you might fine on Amphetamine Reptile such as Unsane, Cows, God Bullies, Butthole Surfers, etc. whilst Geisha are a grungier proposition, but are not averse to the odd Merzbow-esque noise-out. By the way, since this record came out, I’ve joined Tractor as their drummer. Should have a new demo out soon! Offer us gigs!
www.geocities.com/tractornoise
www.freewebs.com/geisha

SERMON – Traitor 7”
Germany's Sermon existed a few years ago, and went on to form the amazingly chaotic Kinetic Crash Cooperation. This band were a rather more conventional hardcore attack, combining elements from bands such as Coalesce and Kiss It Goodbye with a twisted edge. You should be able to download the whole thing at the site, but if you fancy owning the real thing (on dark yellow vinyl), then let me know.
http://www.hxcmp3.com/sermon

UPCOMING STUFF
TAINT – The Ruin Of Nova Roma 2xLP [just trying to work out what to put on Side D!]
SERPENTS / MOSS – split 7” [Irish dirging hardcore meets extremely extreme UK doom]
HUNTING LODGE – CD [spasticated Jesus Lizard worship that toured with Melt Banana]
GEISHA – Mondo Dell’Orrore CD [coming out in the States on Crucial Blast Records as well]
DEAD SEA FUCKING SCROLLS / VALHALLA PACIFISTS – split 7” [grind meets thrash meets punk meets your bleeding ears]
The LPs by NARCOSIS and RED RIGHT HAND, and the split 10” between SWARRRM and DIMLAIA that have been announced for a while now are still TBA if you get me, though chances are that they are still happening. I’ll keep you posted.

TOURS AND GIGS
If you’re able to help putting on any of the bands mentioned so far in your hometown, please don’t hesitate to let me know, and I’ll forward on the information. GEISHA are definitely looking at touring round the UK and Ireland sometime in February / March of 2006 in support of the CD that will have come out by then, so any help with that would be greatly appreciated. TRENCHER will be looking forward to getting out and about again, possibly further afield (USA? Japan even?). SNOWBLOOD would like to go around the UK and get back to Europe again next summer once Tobin gets back from fannying about in China, so please do get in touch if you want to help with that. HUNTING LODGE are playing the odd (in more that one sense of the word) gig here and there before a proper jaunt which has already been organised (I think) to Italy sometime in the spring alongside their ace instru-metal mates SODDING WOLF’S HEAD. THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE are planning another USA tour soon after the good time they had with WARZONE WOMYN.
I also live in Bristol in the southwest of the UK, and I’ve started putting on some gigs with friends down here. So far we’ve put on Army Of Flying Robots, Big Joan, Black Tax, Crash The Pose, Dead Sea Fucking Scrolls, Epideme, Geisha, Hangover Heart Attack, Iron Cage, The Last Mile, Mfkzt, A New Spelling Of My Name, Snowblood, Sunshine Republic and Thread, among others. Bristol is nice, everyone should come here. Email me! [email protected]

Check out the distro at http://67.19.215.180/~superfi/store.html

Some recent additions:

Corrupted - El Mundo Frio CD
Corrupted - Se Hace... CD
Corrupted - Llenandose De Gusanos 2xCD
Diavolo Rosso - Never Follow... LP
Dystopia - The Aftermath CD
Eiger - s/t 2xCD
El Buzzard - Gringa CD
The Exelar - Message From A Moving Target 7"
Farewell To Arms - 7"
Forensics / Textbook Traitors - split LP
The Grey - s/t CDEP
HeWhoCorrupts - Der EU Investitionsantrag LP
Mönster - Death Before Disorder LP
Night And The City Of Broken Promises / The Take - split 7"
Nostromo - Ecce Lex LP
The Now Denial - Viva Viva Threatening CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back