Vacant Sound Zine two

Interviews with:
The Ex
Fugazi
Snowblood
Serpents
Kid Blunt
Langdon Beck

Has zine and record reviews and some deadly contributions from Jamie Grimes and Kollin.

Available from me at [email protected]

Costs 1 euro or 80p

Cover turned out a bit shit in the photocopier. But meh its whats inside that counts.

deadly, looking forward to seeing this issue too when i get back, nice to see a music zine coming out rather than another perzine (man am i wiped on perzines, in case ya didn't know Lucidity is dead), long live thedevilon45 zine which is gonna be fuckin huge by the looks of it, hueg and fancy!

also with a deadly article about one of the originators of western swing spade cooley who made his daughter watch him kick his wife to death, so yeah fun for all the family!!!

Glad you liked it! I think I might have read some of SeanRs at my mates gaff. Is it like really personal and has diary entries in it?

Think it's his first zine... it's mostly personal. Jumbled up diary entries and so forth...Joke of the week goes to him in it though-

"How many emo kids does it take to change a light bulb?

None, those pussies cry in the dark."

I'll pick yours up during the week mackler.

el Jefe said:
Would love to get some copies of this. Trade you a record for a few? Maybe i'll be meeting you in person at some point soon...

Yeh, well if you are at Snowblood in Belfast I'll probaly see you then. But if not I wouldnt mind trading a couple of copies of this for the new Snowblood album :)

Let me know

got this today, great stuff.

has anyone read the fugazi interview properly yet?

Vacant Sound: Does it ever bother you that the media seems to point Fugazi out as being the only ones that seem to fly the flags for the principals of DIY? Don't get me wrong I totally respect this but I always find it strange that the media has focused on you guys so specifically for this when there are so many bands doing it.

Guy Picciotto: Well, the media paints with a ridiculously fat brush so it's not suprising if they are a bit reductive. I do think there was a bit of a Dodo bird aspect to the way Fugazi was sometimes portrayed - like, "look at this amusing and thankfully extinct bunch of control freaks running their band in this oddly prehistoric way" when in point of fact, there had been and continues to be a long and glorious history of underground music and ethics well beyond Fugazi.

That said, I do think it is rare for bands of our size to maintain as autonomous a position as we did till the end - we managed to make it work on a larger scale than most people thought an independent punk band could get away with and we stuck to our guns. Still, we never ever thought of ourselves as completely unique in our methodology or as alone on the face of the earth - we always felt part of a larger community of bands, each doing things in their own way.
that's the past tense that guy is using there, folks.

beetleonitsback said:
got this today, great stuff.

has anyone read the fugazi interview properly yet?

that's the past tense that guy is using there, folks.

Awh Tom, I was gonna send you a copy down! You shoulda waited. But ah well thanks for buying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back