US Hip Hop. The art of flogging a dead horse or should that be ho (3 Viewers)

Kermit McDermott

I must be getting old but I’m just amazed at how the big hip hop stars seem to get away with most of the shite they release. It ‘s almost a contempt they have for the fans. They obviously know that once they’re “hot” they can put out anything and it’s going to sell millions. 50 cent being the main offender, Puff daddy, Kanye West, lil john ect…

Most of the tracks they put out are so paper thin they’re almost non existant. That snoop dogg track drop it like it’s hot being an example. The latest catch phrase, a beat (just about) and it’s number 1 for a month. They’re was another one by lil john, think it was called snap ya fingas or some shit. It was the same.

Obviously I’m not exactly the target audience, but you have to wonder how much longer can they get away with basically insulting they’re audience by putting out such piss poor music?

this could be said for any genre of music, especially in the case of the more popular forms. i genuinely believe that there is something wonderful to be found in every possible form of music : and that the gems always require a bit of digging. what is served up to the passive listener is the blandest form of all things, however if you genuinely search with an open mind the rewards can be immense.

this could be said for any genre of music, especially in the case of the more popular forms. i genuinely believe that there is something wonderful to be found in every possible form of music : and that the gems always require a bit of digging. what is served up to the passive listener is the blandest form of all things, however if you genuinely search with an open mind the rewards can be immense.
dont believe ye. what about nigel ogden?

Most big stars in any genre get away with alot of shite. Hip Hop is fuckin massive, probably the most popular form of music on the planet...of course there is gonna be cunts making shite to sell to dickheads jeeeeeez.

and 'drop it like its hot' is amazing, whiteboy.

Hold on here a minute did that motherfucker start talkin about hip hop and mention names like 50 cent, lil john and puff daddy........man do you know anything about hip hop, you seem to be a new age rap fan and dont really know shit at all, except what your seein on mtv base, do your homework man the hip hop aint dead at all, its just this recent fuckin deformed monster with the head of the game on it that your talkin about, try listening to some Edan, Asheru, J-Live, Mf Doom, One be low, Count Bass D etc there loads of good shit................bugs me when people refer to hip hop as being puff daddy and 50 cent, them idiots make cheesy hits and talk nonsense, this had all been said before in De La Souls stakes is high record, read the lyrics,

I'm sick of bitches shakin' asses
I'm sick of talkin' about blunts,
Sick of Versace glasses,
Sick of slang,
Sick of half-ass awards shows,
Sick of name brand clothes.
Sick of R&B bitches over bullshit tracks,
Cocaine and crack
Which brings sickness to blacks,
Sick of swoll' head rappers
With their sicker-than raps
Clappers and gats
Makin' the whole sick world collapse
The facts are gettin' sick
Even sicker perhaps
Stickabush to make a bundle to escape this synapse

now thats some dope shit....................written years ago

Drop it like it's hot is deadly
Listen to it on headphones.
Amazing production.
It's the aural equivalent to Independence Day
When ordinarily I'd be listening to Citizen Cane.
If you catch my drift.

Hold on here a minute did that motherfucker start talkin about hip hop and mention names like 50 cent, lil john and puff daddy........man do you know anything about hip hop, you seem to be a new age rap fan and dont really know shit at all, except what your seein on mtv base, do your homework man the hip hop aint dead at all, its just this recent fuckin deformed monster with the head of the game on it that your talkin about, try listening to some Edan, Asheru, J-Live, Mf Doom, One be low, Count Bass D etc there loads of good shit................bugs me when people refer to hip hop as being puff daddy and 50 cent, them idiots make cheesy hits and talk nonsense, this had all been said before in De La Souls stakes is high record, read the lyrics,

I'm sick of bitches shakin' asses
I'm sick of talkin' about blunts,
Sick of Versace glasses,
Sick of slang,
Sick of half-ass awards shows,
Sick of name brand clothes.
Sick of R&B bitches over bullshit tracks,
Cocaine and crack
Which brings sickness to blacks,
Sick of swoll' head rappers
With their sicker-than raps
Clappers and gats
Makin' the whole sick world collapse
The facts are gettin' sick
Even sicker perhaps
Stickabush to make a bundle to escape this synapse

now thats some dope shit....................written years ago

hippy.
this is what its about

First off, I'm not labelling all hip hop as crap. I was talking about the shit that the big tossers get away with . These big hip hop goons are taking the piss. If you get big sellers in other genres at least there's some kind of melody, tune, some kind of effort there.

Drop it like it's hot, emperors new clothes mate, who gives a shit about production and sub bass when there's no tune,

I like some of the neptunes stuff...but kanye west, why is this guy praised as a producer, lazy obvious samples, Prefuse 73 walks all over him as far as inventiveness and beats, and he doesn't go on about how amazing he think's he is.

Why do ya think Kanye is a millionaire and prefuse is gettin by (nicely)??

cause kanye makes hits and prefuse makes quailty underground music, ya cant compare them mate, thre both aimed at a different market, different tastes, prefuse is underground and rebells against da mainstream............kanye would thrive on it, but i like em both none the less.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back