us hardcore.... (1 Viewer)

For me i'd go for the Crucifucks as the band i go back and listen to the most, two cracking albums, the first, self titled which is a serious of songs in between bizarre phone calls to cops has some amazing punk tunes - particularly the bass lines are deadly, the second album wisconsin is less accessible / amazing but has deadly Lydon style singing to my ears.

Theres a greatest hits album complete with not great song about northern ireland - somethin generally punk bands have don badly over the years me thinks - and also an album in the 9os released under their name but was actually just the singer and a different band if i remember right which i havent heard but am off to try download now

Apart from the obvious classics that I'm sure you know already I'd say Career Suicide, Total Abuse, Double Negative (-/-), Iron Lung and Endless Blockade should all be checked out.

some of my personal faves are poision idea,bad brains,the accused,los crudos,toxic reasons,born against,econochrist,black flag,the germs.

Good list there Crispo...Los Crudos were always a favourite of mine...unfortunately, I didn't get into Poison Idea until it was too late (i.e. missed them play here).

Good list there Crispo...Los Crudos were always a favourite of mine...unfortunately, I didn't get into Poison Idea until it was too late (i.e. missed them play here).

Twas a great gig unlike Stockholm last year where they were awful.

For me i'd go for the Crucifucks as the band i go back and listen to the most, two cracking albums, the first, self titled which is a serious of songs in between bizarre phone calls to cops has some amazing punk tunes - particularly the bass lines are deadly, the second album wisconsin is less accessible / amazing but has deadly Lydon style singing to my ears.

Theres a greatest hits album complete with not great song about northern ireland - somethin generally punk bands have don badly over the years me thinks - and also an album in the 9os released under their name but was actually just the singer and a different band if i remember right which i havent heard but am off to try download now

Both Crucifucks albums from the 80's are remarkable and unique in their sonic catchment. They have been extremely resilient over time and still sound gloriously menacing. L.D.EYE from the 90's was a great record... it's more in WISCONSIN mode. Elements of the music were reworkings from Doc Corbin Dart's second unreleased solo album. Sone of the lyrical content is in poor judgement but this is not surprising considering DCD's well publicised "issues" at this point. His last public offering, " THE MESSIAH ", under the name 26 is a fascinating and charming mess.

yeah poision idea did a great show in belfast,i was quite suprised cus gerry a was the only original member(hadnt too much expectations).los crudos in the attic in dublin was one of the best gigs i ever went to for sheer energy.asschapel in kellys cellars in belfast is up there also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back