Unpopular Opinions (3 Viewers)

In the words of the great Keano, "I fucking hit him hard. Take that you cunt."
Roy on Southgate in mid 90's.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Razor Ray Houghton (Palace) is first to retaliate on Roy. At the end of clip Southgate is doing some punditry with Roy and has his say.
Edit:
The ref David Elleray was a housemaster at Harrow so he was probably biased.

Mick McCarthy is a top gent is hugely liked in English football.

There is a huge amount of ex footballers on podcasts etc. Telling hilarious stories about behind the scenes and having a laugh at themselves.

e.g. Liverpool team had a huge drunken fight 10 days before 1984 European Cup Final in city square in Israel.
"Bruce Grobbelaar was trying to strangle me", "I was so drunk I was barely able to stand up".

Paul Merson asked Harry Redknapp to go into the rehab house Tony Adams set up during the season.
'arry got a phone call a few days later from a mate who had met Merse. "Why are you in the clinic?" asked 'arry.
"No - I just met Merse on the beach here in Barbados".
Merse was at his brothers wedding. He came back with a nice tan and Harry never said anything.

Even lads who hated each other during their careers getting along brilliantly laughing at their younger selves.

Actually I shouldn't call him a piece of shit, he's obviously struggling with how to perform manhood in a terrifying world
Roy probably got only fleeting enjoyment out of all of his success and took the rare defeats very badly - very hard on himself.

There was a lovely funny family story in Roy's books from immediately after he retired.
Roy was very stressed.
He decided to talk to his kids who were watching TV. Roy said the good times were over and there'd no more fancy holidays and they'd get have get used to it.
The Keane kids just said something like "Yeah, yeah Dad. Please we are watching TV".
They knew Roy too well. He was just was having a moment and saw through their Dad straight away.

There are lovely photos of Roy doing regular stuff - inc. proud smiling Dad with his daughter getting her degree

Actually I shouldn't call him a piece of shit, he's obviously struggling with how to perform manhood in a terrifying world

Roy probably got only fleeting enjoyment out of all of his success and took the rare defeats very badly - very hard on himself.

There was a lovely funny family story in Roy's books from immediately after he retired.
Roy was very stressed.
He decided to talk to his kids who were watching TV. Roy said the good times were over and there'd no more fancy holidays and they'd get have get used to it.
The Keane kids just said something like "Yeah, yeah Dad. Please we are watching TV".
They knew Roy too well. He was just was having a moment and saw through their Dad straight away.

There are lovely photos of Roy doing regular stuff - inc. proud smiling Dad with his daughter getting her degree
Yeah but there's probably a pic somewhere of him shattering her femur for a minor insult

"Let's see you finish junior infants now" I thought

Roy on Southgate in mid 90's.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Razor Ray Houghton (Palace) is first to retaliate on Roy. At the end of clip Southgate is doing some punditry with Roy and has his say.
Edit:
The ref David Elleray was a housemaster at Harrow so he was probably biased.

Southgate's tackle on Keane there is shit, nowadays that's recognised as a potential leg-breaker; but there wasn't enough force or momentum in that one for any real damage. I can kind of understand the instinctive reaction of stamping on someone that goes in on your leg like that though - I think that's even what he's trying to say afterwards to the ref. The second stamp though, that's just Keane.

Edit: Actually the real reason behind is surely that the ref had already blown the whistle when Southgate lunged in at him.

Last edited:
You couldn't imagine Emi Martinez getting upset about anything . He is the boss of shit housery.
Virgil should prank call Pickford.
I watched the extra time of the Copa America Final. Martinez really should be playing for Atletico, he's such a glorious cunt. Argentina with him leading used up 5 of the last 10 minutes on the pitch just fucking around and being bolloxes. I love it.

I once did a ugh to a guy for being an Arsenal fan. He's always giving me the big Oirish Schtick, which I obviously hate. Us Paddy's have to stick togevah', yeah fuck off you plastic, gooner prick.
Turns out he's closely related to this guy:

That must be how ye dry it after it’s boiled

Yeah but there's probably a pic somewhere of him shattering her femur for a minor insult

"Let's see you finish junior infants now" I thought
Cyclist Mario Cipollini (b. 1967) was the worst for this shit. He was an extrovert, alpha male bully, sexist but as successful showman cycling fans, including me, let him away with it.
Cipollini did some awful stuff - punching another cyclist in the face before a race, spraying champagne on podium girls, punching a guy really hard twice who played a candid camera prank on him, adverts for cycling shoes with nude women etc.
It was only when he went on trial during pandemic for harrassment of his former wife Sabrina and her partner that I finally realised he had no boundaries.
Sabrina's mother said Mario chased Sabrina around garden with a gun and their two daughters were scared of Mario.
Mario got jail.

I suppose this is what you meant by scared of men. Sorry.
This is a very hard read. I didn't know all the details.

Sounds like a real piece of shit. I can't imagine going up against the likes of him in the Italian context, fair play to the women.
I saw an Italian TV show which looked a day time thing. There was a recorded interview with Sabrina and a discussion about it.
Hopefully this was a landmark moment - Cipollini was very famous in Italy and cycling.
Sabrina's mother said Mario's parents kicked him out before he even turned pro and she took him as a favour to Sabrina. She begged Sabrina to finish with him as they she could she how dangerous he was even then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back