United Bible Studies, E+S=B, etc Hugh Lane 16 July ignore other thread (2 Viewers)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Saturday 16 July, 2005 Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin, 6pm
Sorry about the fuck up, The dates and times on the other thread and desertedvillage.com are all wrong, this is the truth.

United Bible Studies,
E+S=B
Ofcourseican
(Sean Óg (Sax), Bryan O'Connell (Drums) and Dancer Becky O'Reily )
Sick & Indignant Song Club and more TBA
Saturday 16 July, 2005 Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin, 6pm

These bands will be soundtracking a celbration of an exhibition of work from the Pallas Gallery.
There will be an admission charge but this is all we know at the moment.......

Where exactly is this,The Hugh Lane Gallery?
Just the street name would be handy.
Thanks.

More information, although not quite enough...

http://www.pallasstudios.org/
The people organising the show and some information about the other exhibitors.

http://www.hughlane.ie/exhibitions/exhibc.asp
Similar information from the hugh lane site about the exhibition, including a nice photo of the best thing in the show, a big map of london.

I'm still waiting on a schedule for the evening and a flyer pdf. I will put these up as soon as I get them. Here is the lineup in no particular order.

United Bible Studies
E+S=B
Ofcourseican
3epkano
(Godspeed tinged scored sountrack music. They will be playing along with a film)
Sick and Indigent Song Club (Gary Fitzpatrick [Ciunas, Pincher Martin, Great Western Squares] and his mates play sea shanties. They are really brilliant.)
Booger (Twisted house from Lazybird stalwart)
Hugh O'Neill and Tuula Amazing trumpet player and deadly vocalist perform a piece for vocal and tapes etc based on a finnish folk legend.
Something called Dancepig. I'm really hoping this will be an animal in a hat and a collar jumping around on a hotplate but I don't think it will be.

There is at least one other act, I can't remember what it is.
There are two stages.

More information (flyer, admission, schedule etc) as soon as I can.
Hooray!

Re: More information, although not quite enough...

Some more information on the acts playing in the Hugh Lane for the nine (!) people who read this thread today:

OFFSIDE LIVE
Saturday July 16th 6pm – 12midnight
AT: DUBLIN CITY GALLERY THE HUGH LANE
Admission: €6 before 8pm, €9 after, until 12am

Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane in collaboration with Pallas Heights and Fergus Byrne

Present OFFSIDE LIVE

Boundary splitting live art+ new music in Dublin’s original gallery for modern art.

Experience audiovisual performances that respond to the classical architecture of the Hugh Lane.

OFFSIDE LIVE is the first nighttime extension to OFFSIDE that runs until 30th September 2005.

Featuring
The Whistling Booger–aka Toirse: Skewed House.

E + S =B: Electronic drone pop.

Dancepig: Pig out on dance.

United Bible Studies: Ecstatic psych-folk brain-meld.

Fergus Byrne - Souvenir of the Overworld. Installation and performance.

NCAD Choir: Director : George Higgs. Motto: Singing is the New Knitting .

Ofcourseican Trio: Sax drums dance free improv trialogue.

3epkano: live shows that are a place where slow, winding patterns and riffs can become a swirling churning blast of emotional cacophony for both musicians and listeners.

James King – Voice Action. James King is a street artist based in Derry whose work is informed by the action theatre of Ruth Zaporah.

Departures 247: Live ambient electronica.

The Sick and Indigent Song Club – Oldtimey, traditional, Bluegrass + Sea Shanties.

Hugh O’Neill & Tuula Voutilainen: An abstract composition featuring voice, trumpet and computerised sound. It is based on the introductory poem of Kalevala, the Finnish national epic.

Sonic Membrance - Cochlea Vibrations: A vocal improvisation on streams of memory inspired by Khoomi singer Michael Ormiston.

Roisín Lewis & Michael McLoughlin: a visual art and sound collaboration in response to the architecture of the Hugh Lane Gallery.

Paul Murnaghan Untitled (recall) is the fourth and final part of a series of works known as cardiograph in which viewers are asked to title a series of still images. The images are residue from the exhibition Snow which took place at the Digital Hub Warehouse in Nov/Dec 2003

*Pallas Heights is an artspace run by Pallas studios, directed by Mark Cullen and Brian Duggan. It is uniquely located in an semi-derelict apartment block on Buckingham street.

And finally, a flyer. It doesn't entitle you to owt but it's a nice drawing.

Yours faithfully,
Burgerbarbaby

Attachments

• image_invite_offside.jpg
    image_invite_offside.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 34
Just feeding the thread. They die, you know, if they don't get fed.
Gig tomorrow.

It makes SENSE.

As ever,
BBB

P.S. Please write. You never write. My mother is wondering whether you've found someone else. I told her not to worry. I trust you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back