Uncool music you love (1 Viewer)

worth watching for the great video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1viE87OgG6M"]YouTube - Mark.OH-Tears Don't lie[/ame]

and these
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV5hSgPgKwI&feature=PlayList&p=686B8531829A5325&playnext=1&index=19"]YouTube - Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn[/ame]

theyre all fairly hip. phil collins era genesis seem to have a few fans here. i think the ray wilson years are probably still uncool

Ray Wilson is where I draw the line.

How about Phil Collins on his own? Any love?

Do Genesis(even Phil Collins era) and Fleetwood Mac count?

Ray Wilson is where I draw the line.

How about Phil Collins on his own? Any love?

Genesis (Phil Collins) started with two good albums [Trick Of The Tail, Wind And Wuthering] and a killer live set [Seconds Out]. After that - not too good but occasional flashes of genius.

Ray Wilson era - not too cool. Although that album Calling All Stations is possibly better than the last Phil Collins era LP, We Can Dance.

Phil Collins on his own - maybe five good songs. Rest = poor.

Fleetwood Mac are amazing. Tusk is up there among the greatest ever records.

i read that tusk was a very raw album where yer man got to try out his punk stuff and be more unconcerned with commercial success but then when i heard it it sounded pretty slick to me with not much of an edge to it at all. good though, i like it. tango in the night had a few cool tunes too although had terrible production. i havent heard anything theyve done since.

I hate everything the Stereophonics have done.

local boy in the photoghraph
a thousand trees
traffic (maybe)

hell even just looking is a good song if i don't hear it for at least a year and then put it on

anyhoo, 99% of this thread is pretty cool. Girls Aloud have to be the least risky band to be ashamed to like. all 80's pop should be exempt from this thread also.

I like the manic street preachers, they're pretty uncool. also Goldfrapp.

I don't like limp bizkit but i do like that song my way (or the highway!) and their mission impossible theme.

that is all.

i read that tusk was a very raw album where yer man got to try out his punk stuff and be more unconcerned with commercial success but then when i heard it it sounded pretty slick to me with not much of an edge to it at all. good though, i like it. tango in the night had a few cool tunes too although had terrible production. i havent heard anything theyve done since.

Tusk sounds slick but is a sprawling adorable mess of a record.

I like Tango In The Night. Shame that You And I Part 1 never made it onto the LP. Better than Part 2.
The album from a couple of years ago - Say You Will - is very strong.

Nothing is uncool in this day and age. You can't even tell when people are being ironic or not.
I think the Gilbert O'Sullivan song posted by Ro is both the best song on this thread and the least cool, as I don't think anyone has ironically championed him ever.
OCS are a close second, nobody is ironically liking them yet either. I always pitied them, they had chops and Robin Hood is an anthem for the ages.

I like the Dresden Dolls.

Don't tell me they're not uncool

I think the Gilbert O'Sullivan song posted by Ro is both the best song on this thread and the least cool, as I don't think anyone has ironically championed him ever.

Don't Morrissey fans like him? I think I read somewhere he was championed as an influence

Genesis (Phil Collins) started with two good albums [Trick Of The Tail, Wind And Wuthering] and a killer live set [Seconds Out]. After that - not too good but occasional flashes of genius.

Ray Wilson era - not too cool. Although that album Calling All Stations is possibly better than the last Phil Collins era LP, We Can Dance.

Phil Collins on his own - maybe five good songs. Rest = poor.

Yeh after Second Out Live I don't really bother too much. Just listen to the Turn it on Again compilation. Basically has all the best stuff.

I own several Sting solo albums
I also enjoy sum41 although I haven't got their most recent album yet

have you got the lute one? whats that like?

songs from the labyrinth? I've heard it but haven't got around to getting it yet. It sounded ok. Hardly mindblowing

He's being toying around with lutes for years now though

is this considered uncool? because its probably my favourite song of all time
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is pretty good too.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back