Ultrasound -Music Workshop with Eachtra (26th April- Ladyfest,Cork) (1 Viewer)

Wölflinge

Website
www.vickylangan.com
Hey all, I'm putting together a music workshop for mammies and children in the Unitarian Church, Princes Street on Saturday the 26th of April as part of Ladyfest Cork.

The idea was created out of a hope that a new collective of creative mothers could be unfolded here in Cork.

In my own personal experience, I find motherhood to often be one of the most lonely and isolating jobs in the world, with or without a partner by your side. There are few places in Cork where one can casually meet other parents. Inspired by Dublin's Seomra Spraoi, I felt it important to set up a space for children in order to bring forward the mammies of Cork.

In this workshop, I hope to show the children a fun time through music using music based games and handmade instruments, while creating a space for mothers to meet like minded parents. Hopefully we can go on create a small community amongst ourselves, be able to share skills and advice with one another and more importantly, to perhaps recognise in other mothers the isolation you may feel or have once felt and be there to offer a helping hand or listening ear.

In order to accommodate a wide age range of children, I have asked the two other members of our band, Eachtra, to help out with the workshop. They are Joanne Collins and Aine Mangaoang (ex Hooray for Humans).

Expect bells, music boxes, xylophones, whistles, things that tick, tock, tinkle, wind, whump and WHOOSH!

Please forward this to anyone you may feel is interested and feel free to get in touch through [email protected]

Hey Dar, sorry I took so long getting back to you on this... The workshop is open to Mams and Dads and friends of either (so long as they all involve themselves in the fun)... Random Joes off the street can't come I'm afraid, since the workshop is more about getting a group of parents together who wouldn't have met each other otherwise.

good luck good luck good luck with the next few days xx

dadandcalvinsrecordplayer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back