TV3 sinks to new lows (2 Viewers)

Anyone seen esther ranson recently, she was on the tv at the weekend, dunno what the funk she's done to her face. Looks like she decided to iron her face but missed about half of it.

question: do you think there's anything wrong with the people in the audience at the jerry springer show?

Hmm I saw a bit of 'Distraction' presented by Jimmy Carr on E4 last night - there was a quiz and instead of the usual buzzer, the contestants were given toilets - whoever produced a pissy trickle first got to answer the question.

It vaguely reminded me of a Roger Melly strip from about ten years ago where Roger created a TV show on which mystery celebrities would stand at the top of a step ladder and shit into a bucket on the floor below. Contestants would have to examine the texture and content of the kaka and guess the celebrity.

What's the world coming to?, etc....

(Imagine Arthur Murphy reading my post out on 'Mailbag' - now that was a TV show!)

FM104 or 98fm or whatever have some prize at the moment where they are giving away a 50k wedding. The catch is you can't marry someone you know. Eh....uh??????

Bag'o'cans said:
Not solely because they're in the jerry springer audience, but in general... yes.
and how do they differ from people who watch these kinds of programs regularly? correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it all about getting some weird satisfaction from other people's stupidity and celebrating the fact that you're not as stupid by gufawing at these "stupid" people? the only difference that i can see is that (possibly) people who watch these programs from the comfort of their own homes don't scream and yell out loud. (possibly).

cheers bag o!!

unplugged the TV two weeks ago and was starting to miss it a bit . . . a timely reminder of the dross i'm not missing

Buckrake said:
Hmm I saw a bit of 'Distraction' presented by Jimmy Carr on E4 last night - there was a quiz and instead of the usual buzzer, the contestants were given toilets - whoever produced a pissy trickle first got to answer the question.

It vaguely reminded me of a Roger Melly strip from about ten years ago where Roger created a TV show on which mystery celebrities would stand at the top of a step ladder and shit into a bucket on the floor below. Contestants would have to examine the texture and content of the kaka and guess the celebrity.

What's the world coming to?, etc....

(Imagine Arthur Murphy reading my post out on 'Mailbag' - now that was a TV show!)
remember murphy's micro quizim?

hag said:
and how do they differ from people who watch these kinds of programs regularly?
I honest to God can't watch jerry springer though, i'd keep on channel surfing, i find it very depressing along with trisha, ricki lake, and that gimp on late night utv etc. and then there's soap operas.....

Bag'o'cans said:
I honest to God can't watch jerry springer though, i'd keep on channel surfing, i find it very depressing along with trisha, ricki lake, and that gimp on late night utv etc. and then there's soap operas.....
and you don't find these reality programs depressing?

Buckrake said:
oh lets not go down the TV-when-we-were-young nostalgia route, sylvester, s'il vous plait!
eugh! get him! what else can i remember... murphy's micro quizim was a really spectacular show... remember those graphics when they used to shoot at the asteroids? and dallas? and dynasty? and the colbys? and falcon crest? and chinese curry for a treat on fridays in front of the tv wathing bob monkhouse presenting family fortunes? and ted rogers' dusty bin?

_553949_dustybin150.jpg

evil, evil bin. he has the intestines of several small children in there.

Bag'o'cans said:
Eh... check my first post.
oh, sorry, i sounded like you were going to continue watching. those programs make me sad, it's like celebrating the shittest aspects of humanity... and they just keep coming. more and more of them, each one more depressing than the last. it makes you wish you were deaf and blind sometimes.

Anthony said:
i had no idea that was amanda byram. I was in college with her, well, we shared a canteen.
not that there's anything wrong with sleeping with the right people to get you up the TV3 ladder... but it's widely known she does this. there's nothing wrong with it... it's like reading the financial times before you go to work, 'just gives you the upper hand on your competitors. only, in this case, it's the sexual times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back