Trouble (low speeds) with Bit Torrent (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

I noticed lately the torrents I'm downloading (just a few seeds) are trickling down at 2-5 kp/s and then dropping off to zero for a while despite being seeders on them. The they might jump up to a decent speed and drop off a bit.. I know the seeders aren't limiting their upload - this is on a private tracker. I normally get amazing speeds.

I've forwarded my ports and look to be connectable. I'm using port 50000. I switch thes around and it makes no differemce.

I've just starting using a differnt PC to Download on (it's hard wired to the router). It's the same router i have always used.

It looks like i connect to others in the swarm for a while then lose the connection to them..

Any idea what could cause this?

My ISP is NTL and i have a 3 meg line.

is your upload set to max ?

drop it down to about 2- 5k less than your max, other wise you upload so much no one can connect to you as they need to receive a response from your machine and there is no bandwidth left.

Yes it is but even when I'm not uploading any thing - (a torrent with just eeds and no other peers) - I'm not getting any improvement.

I tryed to connect to the Net straight from the modem and bypassing the router.

It didn't seem to make any difference.

So the router doesn't seem to be the problem..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back