transparent paper (1 Viewer)

swingkid

Website
www.wfmu.org
hi,
can someone tell me where you can buy that transparent paper that was used on the 46 long 10" and the rockets are heavy zine?
i haven't seen it in the shops and need to get some real quick,
thanks.

Thats what we used to call tracing paper... now called greaseproof paper...
I use it every day in the coffee house I work in...
Make it worth my while, and a roll could go er..."missing"
e: [email protected]

Originally posted by Ian
Thats what we used to call tracing paper...

that's what i was thinking... have we moved on so far that nobody knows what tracing paper is any more?

What about carbon paper?

Or Letraset?

greasproof paper might not be so good cos it tends to go curly, but you can buy packs of a4 tracing paper which is a bit thicker and nicer in art and craft type shops. so there.

Yeah, I realised that when I had a better look at it then... It's actually called baking parchment... sheesh...

pete... letracet, calceetos, arfix, etch a sketch... dem wuz the days

Originally posted by Ian
Yeah, I realised that when I had a better look at it then... It's actually called baking parchment... sheesh...

pete... letracet, calceetos, arfix, etch a sketch... dem wuz the days

i've wanted an etch a sketch for ages - do they still exist i wonder ?

there's a book called "she's come undone" by wally lamb in which etch a sketch plays a big part and ever since reading it i have wanted one , even looked in some toy shops :p

There pritty hard to come by allright.. the one I had as a child had to be chucked cos all the silver powder started to leak out of it( a huge regret, I'd use it now as a photo frame if I had it)...

although recently in that horrendus shop Urban Outfitters (christ even the name makes my skin crawl) I saw a etch a sketch keyring... 'spencive like every other overpriced tat they have in there... 17eoros for ONE placemat!

Spyrograph....now that was a classic. They still sell lettraset y'know. I could have sworn i saw an etch a sketch for about 30 squid recently enough, can't remember where but a toy shop somewhere - funnily enough.

Coraline >> have you tried I Know this much is true by him as well - much better than she's come undone.

Originally posted by eclectichoney
Spyrograph....now that was a classic. They still sell lettraset y'know. I could have sworn i saw an etch a sketch for about 30 squid recently enough, can't remember where but a toy shop somewhere - funnily enough.

Coraline >> have you tried I Know this much is true by him as well - much better than she's come undone.

not yet but i'll have a look for it ;)
i'm just finishing the amber spyglass by philip pullman - amazing - has anyone else read these ?

i'm just finishing the amber spyglass by philip pullman - amazing - has anyone else read these ?

yup, really liked them. i was a bit disappointed by t.a.s. after the first two, though.

[desperate attempt at being on-topic]it wasn't printed on transparent paper either.[/desperate attempt]

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
Kalkitos

Anyone remember it?

Yeah, I mentioned that above...

Yours looks more like the correct spelling...

My fave Kalkitos was asterix... Sniff, childhood is all but too breif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back