Trampolines (3 Viewers)

classic seanc

So, was on the aul bin lorry easter saturday, doin the B'sloe run.

And I noticed while lookin in at all these gardens, there's been a massive increase in the amount of trampolines in gardens. I'd reckon there was one in maybe 3% of middle to high priced homes (by country prices), pretty much zero per cent in the council estates, though I did see a ferrari in the flats in Hymany.|..|

Have you noticed the pullulation of the trampoline?
Do you own a trampoline? What's it like?
Any good trampoline stories?
Are trampolines a good indicator of earnings, or just disposable incomes?
Have sales of those tractors Mick Lally did the ads for declined as a result?

the ones with nets are the best. no chance of falling off. my friend bought one for the laugh once. its still funny.

one time at a friends house i was on a half size olympic trampoline but my inebriation told me it was full size. took one big jump. landed with one leg on the trampoline and one leg off it.
if youve any grasp of physics im sure you'll guess what happened.
flippomama/
\m/

Yeah there's shit loads of them around Letterkenny last time I was home. Lots of them don't have the safety net thingy which looks really dangerous.

They're also becoming popular for practicing aerial stuff in kayaks:

101104Fun-stuff.jpg

egg_ said:
There's loads of em around here too (Co. Louth)
Had a few jumps on one once - deadly laugh, but by jeekers it tires you out (without you noticing until you get off and can hardly draw breath)

You mightn't have been doing it right. Let the trampoline do the work.

We had one in school and our teacher took it very seriously. "This isn't a fucking toy lads."

I have a mini one. It's so I can jog in the comfort of my own home without damaging my joints.

No, not those joints.

Lefty Frizzell said:
You mightn't have been doing it right. Let the trampoline do the work.

We had one in school and our teacher took it very seriously. "This isn't a fucking toy lads."

yeh we were the same, they take it mad seriously, as if it took mr. p.e. ten fuckin years to get a grant for the thing, then some spa falls off it and his aul one gets it banned,then back to non-contact uni hoc, have to pass it to a girl first before its a goal...great days

We had a hurdle. We'd all line up and take turns jumping the hurdle. Then some bird just kinda jumped real high and landed one leg one side, one leg the other but the thing was higher than her legs. We never saw the hurdle again.

whats always a great buzz and alternative to a night on the blazzzz is having a bit of a jump on the trampoline then getting off and trying to jump on regular poline-less ground.
yer legs wont know what hit em!!
those of you privaleged to have their own can do this now. the rest of us can jump(a regular jump) over mrs.o reilly's back wall and jump on hers.

Im allowed get anything I want pierced , dye my hair any colour I want , drink and smoke, but im not let get a trampoline cause there dangerous. According to my ma.

inspector horse said:
yeh we were the same, they take it mad seriously, as if it took mr. p.e. ten fuckin years to get a grant for the thing, then some spa falls off it and his aul one gets it banned,then back to non-contact uni hoc, have to pass it to a girl first before its a goal...great days

Well the bone did pop out of his arm, twas funny though!!!
Just spent my saturday putting together a 13ft tramapoline, oh such fun!!

c0De_n1NjA said:
you had a trampoline in school? i wish i was COI.

one of our teachers in the christian brothers national school won quite a large trampoline on murphys micro quiz-m and he gave it to the school and we got a go on it in p.e. class about once a year. theyre fun .|..|

ours creates a lot of static. You often get shocks when you touch things after jumping for quite a while. One time my little sister got the cat to get on it and as she petted it she got a shock. For months she thought the cat had maliciously electrocuted her...

inspector horse said:
My schools shit poor but back in the sixties it was fee paying so they got loads of fancy things like a language lab (that was used twice), 4000 virgin mary statues and a trampette. A trampette is a slanting metal framed tiny trampoline. You run up to it, jump on it and it propels you forward onto the blue mats. In between your supposed to do a mad variety of movements. You'd think it'd be fun, but it's really really crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back