Trainspotting (1 Viewer)

spiritualtramp

Website
Visit site
I suppose this would qualify as nerd stuff. I've just spent a most pleasing hour drooling over pictures of trains.

Currently my favourite steam train is the LNER Class V2 2-6-2 Green Arrow.
Such a majestic creature -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/LNER_V2_60800_%27Green_Arrow%27_at_Crewe_Works.jpg

In my opinion, the best railway bridge in the world has to be the Forth Railway Bridge. A true masterpiece.

Celebrate the magnificence of railway engineering here.

spiritualtramp said:
I suppose this would qualify as nerd stuff. I've just spent a most pleasing hour drooling over pictures of trains.

Currently my favourite steam train is the LNER Class V2 2-6-2 Green Arrow.
Such a majestic creature -
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/LNER_V2_60800_%27Green_Arrow%27_at_Crewe_Works.jpg

In my opinion, the best railway bridge in the world has to be the Forth Railway Bridge. A true masterpiece.

Celebrate the magnificence of railway engineering here.

this is a facinating subject about which i know nothing, but i am eager to learn.

(now will you please go and post in the Favorite Planets thread?)

The wallpaper on my desktop is a photo of a train pulling into New Ross train station on 21 May 1977.

Passenger trains ceased from their in 1963 so this was a special run from Waterford which had been organised by local railway enthusiasts. There are a handful of people waiting at the side of the platform.

Goods trains continued to run until July 1995. The last one caught fire on its way to Waterford.

Nowadays there is a barely any indication that there was a train station in New Ross. The track survives but the once proud station is practically non-existent. The line continues over the river Barrow to Enniscorthy via a railway bridge and tunnel known locally as 'the red bridge' and 'the mile tunnel'.

The red bridge will be familiar to you from the cover of the Risc records compilation.

We walked through the mile tunnel the night of finishing our Inter Cert (June 1987) carrying flaming torches and a ghettoblaster.

nlgbbbblth said:
The wallpaper on my desktop is a photo of a train pulling into New Ross train station on 21 May 1977.

Cool. I currently have Firebomb Fritz as my wallpaper.
http://www.ww2poster.co.uk/posters/imagebank/beatfirebombfritz.htm

Do you not use mozilla?

nlgbbbblth said:
Goods trains continued to run until July 1995. The last one caught fire on its way to Waterford.

Was it actually meant to be the last one or it was just stopped after the fire?

nlgbbbblth said:
The line continues over the river Barrow to Enniscorthy via a railway bridge and tunnel known locally as 'the red bridge' and 'the mile tunnel'.
The red bridge will be familiar to you from the cover of the Risc records compilation.

When they were putting the compilation together Tom and Herv were googling for hours trying to find out if there was an official name for the red bridge. Do you know if there is a proper name for it?

spiritualtramp said:
Do you not use mozilla?

I'm not well up on that end of things.
Is it any good?

spiritualtramp said:
Was it actually meant to be the last one or it was just stopped after the fire?

The last run. Nice way to finish.

spiritualtramp said:
When they were putting the compilation together Tom and Herv were googling for hours trying to find out if there was an official name for the red bridge. Do you know if there is a proper name for it?

I have seen it referred to as Mountgarrett Bridge in some official source. Although the lane that leads to the bridge, along with my parents' house and some other dwellings are considered part of Mount Elliott.

You ever been down there?

nlgbbbblth said:
I'm not well up on that end of things.
Is it any good?

It is much better. Mozilla is nicer to use. IE is the main way spyware gets onto pcs bah blah blah
I have to use IE in work and I really notice the difference.
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox

nlgbbbblth said:
The last run. Nice way to finish.

Symbolic

nlgbbbblth said:
You ever been down there?

Nope, not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back