Tom Waits for Leonard Cohen (2 Viewers)

billygannon

Contributor
Okay... lame title for a thread.

But Jim Jarmusch has a new film coming out. It's going to have Bill Murray and Iggy Pop. It's called "Coffee and Cigarettes".

Here's one of the judges at the Hard Working Class Heroes Battle of the Bands competition:

tom-ss.jpg

i saw the trailer for that on the apple site a while ago
(http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/coffee_and_cigarettes/)

I think it looks so boring. it looks like they're just using loads of celebrities to attract an audience to an empty film. and filimed it in black and whit to make it look sophisto.
Larry Potter said:
Okay... lame title for a thread.

But Jim Jarmusch has a new film coming out. It's going to have Bill Murray and Iggy Pop. It's called "Coffee and Cigarettes".

Here's one of the judges at the Hard Working Class Heroes Battle of the Bands competition:

FancyGoods said:
I think it looks so boring. it looks like they're just using loads of celebrities to attract an audience to an empty film. and filimed it in black and whit to make it look sophisto.
And?

Larry Potter said:
Well, I will. Or maybe I won't. Who cares really. What kind of music are you into?
Shit. That was meant to be a Private Message.

veryslowey said:
coming from someone who thinks canada is part of australia thats really rich
you're not in pez and you're not vinnie, you're too silly. if you are in pez, you should be kicked out. and if you are vinnie, you should kick yourself out of pez.

P. Littbarski said:
Tom waits for Leonard Cohen.

I geddit.

Is Ted Danson though ?
Seriously... this was the stupidest thing I've done here today. I guess it was the bad game of football I was playing last night.

We were really shit. Did you notice it?

Larry Potter said:
Seriously... this was the stupidest thing I've done here today. I guess it was the bad game of football I was playing last night.

We were really shit. Did you notice it?
Dude, I thought it was clever, in a Pat Kenny kind of way...don't knock yourself.

It wasn't the best game, except for Dan who scored 5 goals or something stupid. The odd numbers didn't help though...

P. Littbarski said:
Dude, I thought it was clever, in a Pat Kenny kind of way...don't knock yourself.

It wasn't the best game, except for Dan who scored 5 goals or something stupid. The odd numbers didn't help though...
Yeah... Mark was almost in tears. It ended 6-2 at the end. And we gave you lot 4. So if Mark wasn't playing, we would have drawn. Ah no... I was really bad.

If only we had Christy Brown in goals.

Christy%20Brown.jpg

Larry Potter said:
Jim Jarmusch has a new film coming out. It's going to have Bill Murray and Iggy Pop. It's called "Coffee and Cigarettes".
i think it's just a compilation of short films involving famous people chatting to each other in cafes, drinking coffee and smoking (funnily enough). he's been making them for years. the iggy pop and tom waits one is years old. i've seen three of em ... the stephen wright, steve buscemi and tom waits + iggy pop ones. as lame as they sound they're actually decent enough.

ddmurph said:
i think it's just a compilation of short films involving famous people chatting to each other in cafes, drinking coffee and smoking (funnily enough). he's been making them for years. the iggy pop and tom waits one is years old. i've seen three of em ... the stephen wright, steve buscemi and tom waits + iggy pop ones. as lame as they sound they're actually decent enough.
they sound pretty good if you ask me.

it's Tom Waits and Iggy Pop in conversation. and RZA and GZA in conversation with Bill Murray (funniest part of the movie). and Cate Blanchett in conversation with her cousin (2nd funniest part of the movie). and Jack White showing Weg White his huge big Tesla Coil (3rd funniest part). overall it's pretty ok.

i have the divx, if anyone wants a copy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAN THIS FILTH NOW

Ah... okay.

Could be okay. I'm a big fan of Jim Jarmusch's earlier stuff. But he sounds like he's gone quite commercial.

lmd64 said:
it's Tom Waits and Iggy Pop in conversation. and RZA and GZA in conversation with Bill Murray (funniest part of the movie). and Cate Blanchett in conversation with her cousin (2nd funniest part of the movie). and Jack White showing Weg White his huge big Tesla Coil (3rd funniest part). overall it's pretty ok.

i have the divx, if anyone wants a copy

BAN THIS FILTH NOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back