Tindersticks Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Not listened to them in an age, got a few choice torrents the last week, first album is still amazing, second great. After that it's sort of diminishing returns. Got some sweet john peel sessions too, i put up a torrent on demonoid if anyone's interested.

get this if you don't have it already:
Tindersticks-NenetteEtBoni19253_f.jpg

has the tiny tears (Petites Gouttes D'eau) song that was used in the sopranos, great song.

Get what?

Have Petites Gouttes D'eau already, it was on a seven inch that came with Tindersticks II on vinyl (if i remember correctly).

EDIT: Scratch that, i'm wrong, it's the french version of No More Affairs that's on the seven inch.

Not listened to them in an age, got a few choice torrents the last week, first album is still amazing, second great. After that it's sort of diminishing returns. Got some sweet john peel sessions too, i put up a torrent on demonoid if anyone's interested.
The break up songs thread is gone ages RSJ ;)

Get what?

Have Petites Gouttes D'eau already, it was on a seven inch that came with Tindersticks II on vinyl (if i remember correctly).

EDIT: Scratch that, i'm wrong, it's the french version of No More Affairs that's on the seven inch.

their first album is an epic, wine-stained and rain-sodden listening experience:heart: there's a lifetime in those grooves....its one of the best debut albums of all time...not to mention just flat-out one of the best albums ever:)

didn't one of their 7" 's after the first album have the missing song ("tyed"?) as a b-side that couldn't fit on the cd?

Thought I might just saunter in here...

I would have started this thread yonks ago, except for the fact that I just assumed there'd already be one. Thumped is for tinderpricks.

BBC Sessions released this month and nobody thought to tell me! I still have most of the Mark Radcliffe sessions knocking about on cassette, in between the pops and scratches.

Digitise that shit! I'll put the peel stuff up on demonoid later. There's some absolute gold there, especially the stuff from the first album.

The CDs are slightly better quality than my Sanyo ghettoblaster-recorded tapes. Although, disappointingly, the official release doesn't have Simon Armitage reading poems about brushing his teeth with minibar Coke, or references to Stuart Staples stumbling about the studio with a maraca in one hand and a cocktail in the other.

there are surprisingly few results for a seach on tindersticks on youtube.

a mate of mine once rewrote lyrics of a load of tindersticks songs, to a fish theme, in preparation for a never-formed tribute band called the fish finger sticks.

The CDs are slightly better quality than my Sanyo ghettoblaster-recorded tapes. Although, disappointingly, the official release doesn't have Simon Armitage reading poems about brushing his teeth with minibar Coke, or references to Stuart Staples stumbling about the studio with a maraca in one hand and a cocktail in the other.
Ah the drinking. Mate of mine was local crew for them when they played cork in about 95, just after the second album, said after the gig they all sat backstage drinking whiskey until seven in the morning, which is some feat considering how drunk they were onstage. That was my first gig, no idea how i managed to convince my parents to let a 14 year old go into "the city" for a gig with booze, but i went, got hammered, and made it home for school the next morning. When my tech drawing teacher found out it was the tindersticks i'd been to see, he let me sleep at my desk for the first two classes. Good times.

When my tech drawing teacher found out it was the tindersticks i'd been to see, he let me sleep at my desk for the first two classes. Good times.

Teachers :heart: the 'Sticks, for some inscrutable reason. I met my maths teacher and my history teacher at one of the early Olympia gigs.

The two Stuart Staples albums are well worth hearing too.
Brilliant show back in May 06 in The Sugar Club too.

Of all the Tindersticks albums, I think Simple Pleasure is most overlooked.

Did you know that Dickon Hinchcliffe composed the music for the latest series of Lynx ads. Bizarre.

El Diablo en el Ojo.. I get shivers listening to that song - many rock bands could learn a lot about wall of noise from that.

Amazing band.. and still going thank god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back