thumped self portrait festival of strangeness - aka The Selfies Thread (5 Viewers)

fair play! how are you getting on witht he bike these days?
The bike is great
I need the work

And I rode blind with no computer yesterday - which messed me up a little. Like I could have used a push at times.
Happy enough with 3:15 on 90k in very hot conditions and over 1,000m of elevation gain
But I have a 3:00 in me, for sure. Just gotta get it out.
You're also trying to save something for the run, so it's messy.

The bike does everything I ask of it. A wonderful machine.

Kinda odd on these races, dudes with SUPER equipment. Tri-bike and arrow helmets and all this and they are just not strong cyclists or they haven't done the work.
I think people focus on the wrong things sometimes.

plenty of cyclists who think they can buy their way into greater speed. though there are some gains to be made.
my boss was humming and hawing over spending a shit ton on a new bike a couple of years ago; his aim was to finish the ironman in under a certain time.
i pointed out to him that if he finished it a minute slower than his goal, that minute might be the difference between the old bike and a new one; was that minute worth all the time and effort he'd put into training?
he bought the bike. €7k.

plenty of cyclists who think they can buy their way into greater speed. though there are some gains to be made.
my boss was humming and hawing over spending a shit ton on a new bike a couple of years ago; his aim was to finish the ironman in under a certain time.
i pointed out to him that if he finished it a minute slower than his goal, that minute might be the difference between the old bike and a new one; was that minute worth all the time and effort he'd put into training?
he bought the bike. €7k.
Do you know what the time was?

Did he race in a Full or Half?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Deadmanposting
  • shitepipe
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back