"Thumped night"? what? tonight? (1 Viewer)

silo

I'm not there.

I'm here. where it all began. probably all alone.

in about an hour or so, the first thumped night casualties will come staggering onto the interweb. i wait with bated breath for the dissections and gossip.

Early night. yawn. night folks.

xxx

Well I for one enjoyed meself. Granted, when I got there at 8 and there was only five people there I was a bit worried.....but i think it worked out well in the end.

Oh and I just got out of bed.

Ahh it wasn't my work ID - it was just something i got at some stupid conference i was at ages ago.

speaking of that nametag - my conversation with monkey went like this:

- "Are you pete?"

- "yeah"

- "pete brady?"

- "yeah"

- "do you know there's some guy sitting down there pretending to be you?"

(hello andy)

Er. I have that nametag Pete. I got a little confused when I woke up, looked down at the tag and saw 'Pete Brady'. I thought I was in my own personal version of 'Big'.

Jayzus wha? I had to go to a party afterwards too...

why did so many people think that
"rothko" was a bleedin' girl?

I enjoyed the night...don't remember a whole lot after 11pm but I now have a signed picture of Henry Rollins on my fridge which apparently I *won*

curious.

so was it any crack?

was there any shiftin' going on?

Did they play any accadacca? black betty? (or better still, sweaty betty by the macc lads)

I had an important meeting with a couch and some horlicks

it was ace fun. though my throat is still killing me from all the smoke and having to shout, it was soooo loud.
the music was ace, particular kudos to paula playing aidan walsh coupled with some amazing old soul tunes, and kirstie playing 'just say no' by the grange hill kids, and not releasing she'd put on the instrumental b-side version.

putting faces to some names was fun too, though bizzare
i think common reaction of the night was "but you look far too nice to be saying those things on thumped"

oh yeah, and pete was milling into his missus again as well as engaging in the forbidden dance.

recap

Fuckin egg_ thought I was a burd too. what? i mean...

Regarding €€€:

We thought we were €50 up towards the end of the night but then I discovered that one of the needles from the decks have to be replaced (€40) and me and Chrith had to get a taxi with the gear the next day (€10ish).

I think it was near enough, but at this rate it looks like I spent €80 or €100 on the night - I woke up with a tenner, loike. Still, worth every pen... cent.

I'd say Andy thought it was hilarious when I started punching myself in the face and accused him of doing it...

and whiskey. whiskey. i was obviously looking for trouble.

Yep, absolutely, well done to the lot of them for organising it so well at such short notice. It was fab fun indeed, and I was most ill the next day.

fair play to stew/chri/peepee/pete

i had nowt to do with it!

I enjoyed the night...don't remember a whole lot after 11pm but I now have a signed picture of Henry Rollins on my fridge which apparently I *won*

Hang on - some youngwan nearly mugged me for that, shouting "pleeeasse i went to seem him an' all".

You are a burd!

So anyway - when's the next one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back