Thread for Current pop songs you like (2 Viewers)

Do people hate her? I only know that one song, RIP, and I liked it. Why do people hate her? Is there a greater context that isn't encapsulated by that list?

The context is the popjustice crew, i.e. people who care too much about pop music. She seems to be a celebrity first and singer second and that'll rankle with anyone who is willing to wax lyrical about the 'POWER OF POP MUSIC'. She's kind of seen as indicative of everything that's wrong about pop music these days.

One could speculate that a beautiful woman with a big voice (in a very tried and tested x-factor manner) and (seemingly) a willingness to play any game she is asked to in order to reach the goal of being a celeb comes across as false. Pop music has a weird relationship with what is 'real' and what is 'fake'.

What about pixie lott? a total record company creation.
Rita Ora has had success in the USA, that's the big leagues. I don't think Pixie Lott has ever crossed the Atlantic, although I haven't exactly been following her career...

Still think this is one of the best things Ronson produced.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do people hate her? I only know that one song, RIP, and I liked it. Why do people hate her? Is there a greater context that isn't encapsulated by that list?

i'm just waiting until rita ora gets the endorsement she's been after for so long

01_pack_shot_kia_ora_460_230.jpg

Has SOAK gotten that famous?

FAIR PLAY FAIR PLAY

Oh, I have no idea. A friend from Portland posted it on FB, wouldn't have even clicked only she said the chick was Irish.
Video has about 185 hits, so she's not exactly blowing up.

It's nice.

Is it Sundays or Camera Obscura?

Cim Jarroll has been bigging her up for a while now, I like her stuff but don't really want to give him the satisfaction...

Ok on first listen this album is AWESOME (bar maybe Break the Rules, which is a bit much really)

Charli_XCX_Sucker.jpg

it's like the Girls Aloud album I've been missing since they fecked off for their sub-par solo careers.

Charli XCX: Sucker review – hype and glory | Music | The Guardian

gotta agree with this review. The album is great but so very light and fluffy I got bored of it fairly quick. Also who calls themselves punk and then censors all curse words ffs

Still though, a bunch of great songs on it and she is SUCH A MASSIVE RIDE.

Oh, I have no idea. A friend from Portland posted it on FB, wouldn't have even clicked only she said the chick was Irish.
Video has about 185 hits, so she's not exactly blowing up.

yes but it was also only released today, now it is at 301+
17k likes on facebook, previous two songs "blud" and "be a nobody" have over 125k likes eac. i think they're on the line between being pop and not so much.

i really like soak

Okay, not current but I think this song was unknowingly my theme for the last 20 years.
I'm discovering ABBA, other than Dancing Queen, since that's the only one I knew.
Brillance! I love the ah-ha moment.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back