Thread for "Another Year Of Rock" by Large Mound (1 Viewer)

no dice dubh, fetid sweaty donkey rectum is the name of my Alan Jackson tribute band.

One week until song 3 is released. Just posted this on the Mound site
http://www.groov.ie/largemound/Site/NEWS.html

Large Mound Update

So what's going on with Large Mound. We're releasing our 4th album all year in 2011. How does a band do that? This is how. On the 25th of each month we are releasing a new song on largemound.bandcamp.com
The album is called Another Year Of Rock, the first two songs are already out there and the 3rd is due on the 25th March. What's special about this song, well it's the first official co-written song to be released. Well maybe co-written is an overstatement, basically Mark stole the chorus riff from one of my songs.

So that's what the band is up to but we're all busy with other stuff too..

Mark is working away with The Dudley Corporation, the band he plays bass in, on their new album which is due this year. He's also playing bass in the Si Schroeder live band.

Hugh is busy taking live photographs which you can view on his blog ( tracesofthereal.com ). He is exhibiting a selection of the photos at The Fumbally Exchange in Dublin. The opening reception is Thursday 14th April from 6 - 8pm. The exhibition runs until the 21st April.

Eric officially left the band last year but he's still around and helps us out every now and again. We're lining up some recording for future releases as part of Another Year Of Rock. Aside from that he's now drumming in Retarded Cop. RC is the new band formed by Gaz Le Rock, the songwriting machine. Gaz has posted a new song and video online almost every second day in 2011. Their album is due out in June.

I (Anthony, I can't write these things in the third person) have working on what I can only describe as a solo project. It'll be a low key album thing with around 10 songs. I always intended to have it out in May but I think now that might be a bit ambitious. Either way I'm having laugh putting this thing together and am really happy with how it's sounding so far. No plans at the moment to take this beyond recorded music but that may change. I also don't really want to put this out under my own name so am thinking about titles now.

So that's it for now, this day week is the 25th so get ready for Gypsy Bride by Large Mound.

www.largemound.com
www.largemound.bandcamp.com
also on the Facebook and on the Twitter

I know someone here mooted an idea (& I fully concur) that yiz should release this on some physical format (I hear Mark loves Cassettes) through kickstarter but now that Ireland has its own fundit.ie fundraiser yoke, would yiz not try to get in on that? From their T&Cs:

3.1.3 Therefore a total of 8% is deducted from every Pledge. As an example, if €10.00 is donated to a Project Creator via the Website, €0.80 of fees will automatically be deducted and €9.20 will be transferred to the Project Creator provided the Fundraising Target is met.

No projects in the music section yet http://www.fundit.ie/browse/category/music

woo! fundit could be the ticket. Might as well have the admin % go to an org in country. Ah, kickstarter is still U.S.-based projects only, and the fees work out to be about the same (5% of your goal when funded + 3 to 5% to amazon for credit card payments. Hell, shoot the moon, instead of cassettes go for edison wax cylinders or those 1/2" thick shellac 78rpm gramophone records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back