this prostitution campaign (1 Viewer)

Well, I don't know where sex with 14-year-olds is okay, even when there's no money involved.

But is this campaign not just trying to switch the burden of guilt to the johns? i.e. not more criminalisation, but swapping it around, as it were.

My limited understanding of prostitution is that it's very little Belle Du Jour and a way more miserable, soul-destroying existence for many.

But is this campaign not just trying to switch the burden of guilt to the johns? i.e. not more criminalisation, but swapping it around, as it were.

My limited understanding of prostitution is that it's very little Belle Du Jour and a way more miserable, soul-destroying existence for many.

i would have been of the opinion that both ends of the transaction would currently be illegal however this is from my favourite source of information (being some guy told me)

sex with 14 year olds falls outside a debate about prostitution as it's covered by statutory rape laws.

If people are paying for sex with 14-year-olds then it definitely falls within the debate, I would have thought.

i would have been of the opinion that both ends of the transaction would currently be illegal however this is from my favourite source of information (being some guy told me)

Fair enough. You'd have to think that name-and-shame would work well in many parts of Ireland.

Although people are generally less deterred by punishment than they are of the actual chance of getting caught.

A different angle on things.

Welcome to the “Turn Off the Blue Light” (TOBL) website.

We are a sex worker led association campaigning against calls to criminalise the purchase of sex, and for the health, safety, human, civil and labour rights of sex workers in Ireland.

There is currently a “Turn Off the Red Light” (TORL) campaign being run by an alliance of organisations. They say they want to end prostitution and sex trafficking and ‘the solution’ is to criminalise the purchasers of sex. We believe the real agenda is to have their own ideology on sex work enacted as law. Further criminalisation would drive the sex industry deeper underground and make it more dangerous for everyone. Our priority is the well being of persons in sex work, not any moral agenda, thus we strongly oppose the TORL campaign. Read More

We are an association of Irish sex workers and others with an interest in the welfare of sex workers in Ireland. We are led by sex workers. Membership of Turn Off the Blue Light is open to all individuals and organisations who support our objectives, but only those working in the sex industry are voting members. Read More.

At this current time the threat of further criminalisation is imminent, and we need sex workers to be included in this debate, not excluded, as is currently the case. Whatever your views on sex work are, it is not right that sex workers are being denied a voice in discussions on laws that will seriously impact our lives

http://www.turnoffthebluelight.ie/

If people are paying for sex with 14-year-olds then it definitely falls within the debate, I would have thought.
i meant in the sense that the debate about whether to criminalise or decriminalise prostitution, sex with a 14 year old is always going to be illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back