This is where we post pictures of cool robots... no talking... just cool robots... (1 Viewer)

William%20Shatner.jpg

Anyone see that prog on network 2 a couple of weeks ago? The head robotics dude from Honda said (quite calmly) that robots will one day surpass humans and take over the planet. Fair play!

Johnnyc said:
Anyone see that prog on network 2 a couple of weeks ago? The head robotics dude from Honda said (quite calmly) that robots will one day surpass humans and take over the planet. Fair play!
yes I did jc. it was all told..one of the most terrifying programmes Ive watched for some time. "robots will more than likely become smarter, stronger and out evolve human beings in the next 50 - 100 years" and then a clip from terminator 2 where human skulls are being stamped on by terminators. wonderful. !ninjaaaa

The most frightening bit was how bloody casual he was when he said it. Almost like "Yeah, we're all dead and it's all down to dudes like me! Whatcha gonna do, eh?"

Re: This is where we post pictures of cool robots... no talking... just cool robots..

hag said:
just because a robot talks in a sexy voice, that means they're gay??? oh for the love of god!!!
didn't say i agreed with it. i mean, HAL? Gay? Just because he had a father fixation issue didn't make him gay.

C3P0, like, obviously, but i thought the robot from buck rogers had a girly robot friend? Sorry, no, he WAS the girly robot.

Ah, where are they now?

Here, actually.

advcon-buck&twiki.GIF

big change from

buck_rogers.jpg

dai-x.jpg

"The Dai-X is equipped with 4 weapons of which the X-Ray is the most powerful and deadly, it is given out by the X-shaped symbol on the face of Dai-X, and is an extremely strong energy beam capable of causing great destruction. Another high powered weapon is the Brest Missile, for use at close quarters, most effective when Dai-X picks up it's target in both hands and fires the missile straight at it from it's position on the robot's chest. In Dai-X's right arm we find the Super Cannon which fires energy bullets, the Super Cannon is most effective when used in conjunction with the Arm Missiles which are located in the right arm. These missiles are small but deadly when fired repeatedly, and together with the Super Cannon they make Dai-X almost unbeatable!"

i can't be arsed reading all this thread, but someone better have posted a picture of seven of nine from star trek (she was an android or something, right?)

Liadain said:
i can't be arsed reading all this thread, but someone better have posted a picture of seven of nine from star trek (she was an android or something, right?)
WRONG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back