This is a disgarce, please read and pass on! (1 Viewer)

Kev Bones

Website
www.myspace.com
I seen this on a bulletin posted by inner t, its a fuckin shambles!

The following information is very important to the D.I.Y scene, any promoters or bands involved with gigs in pubs/clubs.

If we allow this to happen, it will put pub owners off from allowing gigs at their venues. The D.I.Y scene is dependant on these venues and without them we we have very few options. Nothing would be left apart from shit academy shows which are completey detatched from any sort of ethic and spirt of punk, (in my mind) more often than not promoted by people who put on gigs - not because they like the band but becase they can "bring a crowd".

+ you have to look pretty good to get on them shows too!
Please read the following info and have a look at the proposed form, then if you like - sign the petition! And if that doesn't work then we'l be setting up in the streets cos this is a bag of shit!
Thankyou.

The 696 Form compels licensees who wish to hold live music events in 21 London Boroughs to report to the police the names, addresses, aliases and telephone numbers of performers, and most worryingly, the likely ethnicity of their audience. Failure to comply could result in fines or imprisonment. There is an article about it here...

http://www.
independent. co.
uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/how-form-696-could-pull-the
-plug-on-the-capitals-music-scene-1028240.
html

Form 696 has been introduced supposedly to prevent unrest, but it is feared that it will deter small venues and pubs from putting on live music of any sort.

The actual form can be found here http://www.
met. police. uk/events/forms/form_696.
doc

There is currently a petition being raised here http://petitions.
number10. gov.
uk/Scrapthe696/

The premise is :

"We believe this [696 Form] places unnecessary and frankly Orwellian powers in the hands of the Metropolitan Police, an institution which does not have the best record of racial fairness. The 696 form can only serve to deter the staging of live musical events - a positive form of activity in London and all cities - stifle free expression and quite possible penalise certain genres of music and ethnic audiences. It is an intrusion too far.

Aye, read about it.
Apparently the whole "likely ethnicity of the audience" is done because someone has made the connection between a largely black audience with violence, drug selling and general gang stuff. So they didn't even hide their racism that well either.

As far as I know though, only pubs and the such comply and (obviously) squats don't give a flying fuck about it.

I don't think the form asks for specific details about the "likely ethnicity of the audience", there is a bit that asks for information regarding the musical genre, then gives examples: " garage and R&B, and MCs and DJs "
The Met have said they want to target gang violence, I would say, contrary to your opinion, that they're being unusually round-about with their rascism these days.

Aye, read about it.
Apparently the whole "likely ethnicity of the audience" is done because someone has made the connection between a largely black audience with violence, drug selling and general gang stuff. So they didn't even hide their racism that well either.

As far as I know though, only pubs and the such comply and (obviously) squats don't give a flying fuck about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back