This Aint Vegas-August Tour (1 Viewer)

mackle

Dublin-27th
Belfast 28th

Anyone know anymore details? Did I imagine it or did someone say Bullet Union were playing around the same time as that?

JEALOUS RECORDS ROCKS!

oh shit said:
bullet union isnt happening i think
the details are hazy innit

Thats shit. Been listening to their 7" constantly since I got home.

oh shit said:
good record innit

Yeh its great. Though I like the Paper Cut Out 7" more. Whats the deal with them at the minute? They still playing?

This Ain't Vegas & Eagle Eye Dublin Gig

///This Ain't Vegas (Sunderland)
///Eagle Eye
(Leeds)
/// Retards
- Saturday 27th August
- Voodoo Lounge, Dublin

This Ain't Vegas

tav-one.jpg

WEBSITE
www.thisaintvegas.co.uk
www.myspace.com/thisaintvegas

Members

Adam Rose - voice
Jordan Hill - drums
Mike Matthews - bass
Richard Amundsen - guitar/voice

Where From
Sunderland, North East England

When Formed

Releases:
Split Devo covers 7" w/ Kill Yourself
LP & 7"s on Jealous Records
Obscene Baby Auction comp also featuring Bilge Pump, Kill Yourself, The Wow, John Holmes, Eighty Six, Buzzkill and J*R

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BAND
Their debut single 'Funeral on tuesday' was released in August 2003 just in time to accompany their tour with And None Of Them Knew They Were Robots and is now more or less sold out.

The guys will be taking their live electricity out on the road in July and September this year, so make you sure you don't miss out and check out the 'the black lung captain' now!

Reviews
'Forceful and driving' (Fracture)

'There is no way of saying how important they are and will be to the north east scene, let along the world, This Aint Vegas are the new Q and not U or the new At The Drive In' (Drowned In Sound)

' Serrated guitars fall over each other in dense crescendos, drums crack like landmine explosions' (Kerrang)

tav-three.jpg

This Ain't Vegas - Black Lung Captain : lp
"Well what can I say... Inspiring? Brilliant? just plain rocking!?
... basically its jangly upbeat as fuck post punk type stuff, it rocks in a way like Burning Airlines but has that cool catchy but wierd feeling of the early Post Punk; Gang of Four and Mission of Burma... but TAV dont sound like any of these bands directly. The second side opens with a snotty garage rock kinda thing which goes into this awesome catchy post punk tune, this album just keeps getting better as it goes along! " (Collective Zine)

"That this nauseatingly young four piece were rumoured to be releasing a split with DC’s own Q and not U – the Dischord records outfit that are, in this writer’s estimation, one of the world’s most brilliant bands – is testament to their calibre. And yep, ‘The Black Lung Captain’ is as accomplished and spellbinding a debut album as 2003 is likely to yield.

It’s about half way between Fugazi and the Police –borrowing atmospheric, intricate minutiae from the former and good-old-fashioned North Eastern pop chintz from the latter. Reference points might be Dischordians Q and not U and Faraquet, but to be frank nobody else comes close.!" (Punk News)

This Ain’t Vegas – s/t : 7inch
" eloquent post-punk hip thrusts of Gang of Four, snaking wiry guitar lines through soulful hollers and jutting, funky rhythms that snap and pop like a contortionist limbering up for the show of his life. " (Collective Zine)

Eagle Eye
125806698_m.jpg
125806750_m.jpg

myspace

Members:
Joan Osbourne - drumms
Crest Tofter - guitar/synth, singings
Grahoimus Greek - synth/guitar, singings

Influences:
Arab on Radar, The Fall, Gang of Four, Devo, Coach Whips, Prince.>

About:
"Three crazy men from Leeds playing raw synth driven rock tunes. Members of Eighty Six and Kill Yourself."

"They have guitar, keyboards and drums and are a mix of many things like The Fall, Gang of Four or even Arab on Radar"

band.jpg

oh shit said:
think so
blood red shoes and tera:tora (shaun from MORL) coming in september too!
innit

Shit! all the good stuff is happening round that time. This Aint Vegas, Snowblood and now all that stuff.

mmmh choices!

hey people.. i am in love with the album from this aint vegas.. and i have been searching for muisic from the other bands of Jealous records..

anyone has something by bullet union? or want to recommend some bands that i might like?

oh shit said:
the bullet union 7" on jealous is good. you might like Drive Like Jehu

thanks... ill give a try at drive like jehu... and the music by bullet union that is at jealous records is awesome... wish i could get the 7"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back